ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 126

Banagher

Banagher is a town in Republic of Ireland, located in the midlands, on the western edge of County Offaly in the province of Leinster, on the banks of the River Shannon. The name Banagher comes from its Irish name, which translates to English as " ...

Carntemple

Carntemple, once known as Kilbrecan, is a ruined church in the civil parish of Doora, County Clare, Ireland. It may date back to 480 AD. Little remains except the massive foundations.

Doora Church

Doora Church, also known as St Brecan, Doora, is a ruined church in the civil parish of Doora, County Clare, Ireland. It may date back to 500 AD, although it has been extensively reworked since then.

Eurowheel

Eurowheel is a 90-metre tall Ferris wheel at the Mirabilandia amusement park near Ravenna, in Emilia–Romagna, Italy. It is known for its views over Ravenna and nearby beaches, and its 50.000 light bulbs are said to make it the brightest Ferris wh ...

Piazza Unità dItalia

Piazza Unità dItalia is the main square in Trieste, a seaport city in northeast Italy. Located at the foot of the hill with the castle of San Giusto, the square faces the Adriatic Sea. It is often said to be Europes largest square located next to ...

Rosandra Valley

The Rosandra Valley is a valley centered on the Rosandra River in the municipality of Dolina in the Italian region of Friuli Venezia Giulia, between the city of Trieste and the border with Slovenia. It is also included into a natural park, mostly ...

Swordleaf phlox

Phlox buckleyi, common name swordleaf phlox or shale-barren phlox, is a plant species native to Virginia and West Virginia. It grows in open woodlands, primarily on hillsides derived from shale. The first known specimen was first collected in 183 ...

Cascina Guzzina

Cascina Guzzina is a farmhouse located in the southern part of Brugherio, on the border with Cologno Monzese. The name comes from gussetta, which formerly referred to the cocoon of the silkworm, whose breeding was widespread in the area. Agricult ...

Cascina Increa

Cascina Increa is one of the farmhouses of Brugherio, located on the southeastern border of the municipality. It enjoys the protection of the Soprintendenze per i Beni Architettonici e Paesaggistici i.e., the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Act ...

Cascina SantAmbrogio

In 1904 the property was transferred to the Dubini family, a family of Milanese industrialists which included Giuseppe, the mayor of Brugherio. In 1925 it was passed on to the Cavajoni-Bologna family, that radically restored the farmhouse and chu ...

Church of San Carlo (Brugherio)

San Carlo is a church located in Via Piergiorgio Frassati, in the west of Brugherio and it is part of the pastoral community Epiphany of the Lord.

Saint Ambrose, Brugherio

Saint Ambrose is a small church which is an annex to the farmhouse that takes its name from it, in Brugherio, Italy.

Saint Anne, Brugherio

The Chiesetta di SantAnna, or Small Church of Saint Anne, is a Roman Catholic church located in San Damiano, a hamlet of Brugherio, in the Province of Monza and Brianza, Italy.

Saint Bartholomew, Brugherio

The Church of Saint Bartholomew is the cathedral and the oldest parish in Brugherio, Italy. It houses relics of the three Magi. It is characterised by its relatively high bell tower measuring 36.8 metres.

Saint Margaret, Brugherio

The church of Saint Margaret is a 16th-century chapel dedicated to Saint Margaret of Antioch. It is located in Cassina Baraggia, Brugherio, Italy. The church is adjacent to the Villa Brivio, to which it belonged.

Villa Tizzoni Ottolini

The buildings in Cascina Increa are considerably, and until a few decades ago consisted of a mansion and adjacent buildings for agricultural use. The lodgings of the farmers, stables, barns and warehouses have consequently been transformed into r ...

Villa Somaglia-Balconi

Villa Somaglia-Balconi is a residential complex located in Brugherio, consisting of a main house and some accompanying buildings, which are separated from the original structure of the villa by Via Marsala, which leads from Moncucco to Carugate.

Villa Sormani

The baroque Villa Sormani is in the village of Moncucco in the city of Brugherio. The Villa Sormani was the site chosen by Count Paolo Andreani to demonstrate the first public balloon flight on Italian soil in 1784. In the grounds is a church tha ...

War Memorial of Brugherio

The War Memorial of Brugherio is a sculptural complex made by Ernesto Bazzaro in 1933. It is situated in Via Vittorio Veneto, in front of the Federico Sciviero Primary School.

Castello della Rancia

Rancia castle is a medieval castle, nearly 7 km from Tolentino in the province of Macerata, region of Marche, Italy. It remains relatively well preserved in the valley of the Chienti.

Bessa Natural Reserve

The reserve is north delimited by the remains of a morainic hill of the Early Pleistocene and the Quaternary floods of the Elvo river; it is south delimited by another moraine and by the stream Olobbia. The Bessa gold field was originated by the ...

Fondo Toce Natural Reserve

The Fondo Toce or Fondotoce Natural Reserve is a nature reserve established in 1990 in the Verbania municipality, which takes its name from the river Toce. The area includes the Toce connection with Lake Maggiore, characterised by the widest lake ...

Oasi Zegna

The Oasi Zegna is a natural area in the Province of Biella, Piedmont, Italy. It was created by the entrepreneur Ermenegildo Zegna, founder of the factory of the same name in Trivero, who wanted to give his village infrastructures and parks. He al ...

Parco Burcina Natural Reserve

The Burcina Park" Felice Piacenza” Nature Reserve is a protected, wooded, about 57 hectares wide area. It was established in 1980 with a law of the Piedmont Region Government. It is located within the municipalities of Pollone and Biella. The Mun ...

Sacro Monte di Varallo Natural Reserve

The guided tours are organised by the Associazione Accompagnatori Naturalistici della Valsesia. They also organise guided tours for schools and environmental education activities and lessons.

Santo Stefano di Sessano

The church Santo Stefano di Sessano is all that remains of the village of Sessano, located on the rocky foreland to the east of the village of Chiaverano, which may have been abandoned after a landslide. The 11th-century building has the characte ...

Malaspina Castle

The Malaspina Castle is located in Massa, Italy. It crowns the top of a rocky hill and dominates the wide underlying plain and part of the Tyrrhenian coast. From the 17th century the main purpose of the castle was military and it served as a pris ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →