ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 138

Bolton Parish Church, East Lothian

Bolton Parish Church is a church in Bolton, East Lothian, Scotland. It is part of the Church of Scotland and serves the parish of Yester, Bolton and Saltoun.

Cockpen and Carrington Parish Church

Cockpen and Carrington Parish Church is located to the south of the town of Bonnyrigg in Midlothian, Scotland. It is a congregation of the Church of Scotland. The parish includes the south side of the town of Bonnyrigg, plus the rural area to the ...

Dalavich Church

Dalavich Church is a kirk in the settlement of Dalavich in the Lorne district of Argyll in Scotland, belonging to the Church of Scotland. It is situated 14.0 miles south of Taynuilt and 7.0 miles south–west of Kilchrenan on the B845 road on the w ...

St Blanes Church, Dunblane

St Blanes is a Church of Scotland church located in Dunblane, Scotland. The evangelical congregation is within the Church of Scotlands Presbytery of Stirling. The Gothic Revival church building opened in 1854 as the Free Church and is now a categ ...

Dyke Parish Church

Dyke Parish Church is a Georgian church in Dyke, a village in Moray. In active use by the Church of Scotland since it was built in 1781, it stands on the site of a mediaeval church, and incorporates an older mausoleum, which is now the church hal ...

Fraserburgh Old Parish Church

Fraserburgh Old Parish Church is a congregation of the Church of Scotland in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire. The present building was erected in 1803 at the head of the High Street, on the site of a 16th-century church. The church is a category B lis ...

Humbie Parish Church

Humbie Parish Church is a church in the small village of Humbie, East Lothian, Scotland. It is part of the Church of Scotland, and is a linked charge which joins the parishes of Bolton & Saltoun, Yester and Humbie. The church lies to the north of ...

Kilbirnie Auld Kirk

Kilbirnie Auld Kirk is a Church of Scotland congregation on Dalry Road, Kilbirnie, North Ayrshire, Scotland. Although the building dates back to the 15th century, the present congregation was formed in 1978 by the amalgamation of the Glengarnock ...

Kirk of St Nicholas

The Kirk of St Nicholas is a historic church located in the city centre of Aberdeen, Scotland. It is now officially known as the "Kirk of St Nicholas Uniting" as it has membership of both of the Church of Scotland and the United Reformed Church. ...

Knightswood St Margarets Parish Church

The church was planned by the Church of Scotland’s Presbytery of Dumbarton in response to the plans of Glasgow Corporation to build a large new housing estate in the area. It was then separated from the parishes of Temple and Drumchapel, both dau ...

Lesmahagow Old Parish Church

Lesmahagow Old Parish Church is a congregation of the Church of Scotland within the Presbytery of Lanark. It is the largest church in the South Lanarkshire town of Lesmahagow. A Culdee settlement of Celtic monks existed prior to the 12th Century. ...

St Michaels Parish Church, Linlithgow

St. Michaels Parish Church is one of the largest burgh churches in the Church of Scotland. It is one of two parishes serving the West Lothian county town of Linlithgow, the other being St. Ninians Craigmailen. St Michael is the towns patron saint ...

Loudoun Kirk

Loudoun Kirk is a disused church located about one mile west of Loudoun Castle, East Ayrshire. It served as Loudouns parish church until some point after 1600, when this function moved to the church in nearby Newmilns. It subsequently fell into a ...

Luss Parish Church

Luss Parish Church is a Church of Scotland church in Luss, Argyll and Bute dedicated to Saint Kessog. The current minister is the Reverend Dane Sherrard, who joined in December 1998. Sherrard was previously minister in Buckhaven, Fife between 197 ...

Mortlach Parish Church

Mortlach Parish Church is a church within the Church of Scotland serving the parish of Mortlach, in Moray, close to the village of Dufftown. The site of the church has long been associated with Christianity, going back perhaps as far as 566 when ...

Prestonkirk Parish Church

Prestonkirk Parish Church is a Church of Scotland parish church at East Linton, in the parish of Traprain, East Lothian, Scotland, UK, close to Preston Mill, Smeaton, Phantassie, and the River Tyne.

Prestwick South Parish Church

Prestwick South Parish Church is located in South Prestwick, South Ayrshire, Scotland. It is a Parish Church in the Church of Scotland and within the Presbytery of Ayr. It is a category B listed building.

Pulteneytown Parish Church

Pulteneytown Parish Church is located in Argyle Square, Pulteneytown, Wick, Caithness, Scotland. It is a congregation in the Church of Scotland. The church building was opened in 1842, but following the Disruption of 1843 the Rev David Mitchell l ...

Reay Parish Church

Reay Parish Church is a Church of Scotland parish church serving Reay, Caithness. It is one of the most northerly communities on the Scottish mainland, located several miles to west of Thurso. The largest local employer is the Dounreay nuclear fa ...

Saltoun Parish Church

Saltoun Parish Church is a church in East Saltoun, East Lothian, Scotland. It is part of the Church of Scotland, and serves the parish of Yester, Bolton and Saltoun, which includes the villages of Gifford, Bolton, East Saltoun and West Saltoun. T ...

Shottskirk

Shottskirk, more commonly known as Kirk OShotts Parish Church, or affectionately "The M8 Church", is a local parish church located in Salsburgh, North Lanarkshire, Scotland, and serves the village of Salsburgh, the town of Shotts and the hamlets ...

Skene Parish Church

Skene Parish Church is a congregation of the Church of Scotland in Skene, part of the Presbytery of Gordon. The parish has two places of worship, Skene Church in Kirkton of Skene and Trinity Church in Westhill. The current minister is Rev. Stella ...

South Wishaw Parish Church

South Wishaw Parish Church is a Parish church of the Church of Scotland, serving the Southern area of Wishaw, North Lanarkshire. It is within the Church of Scotlands Presbytery of Hamilton.

St Andrews West

St. Andrews West Parish Church is the largest church in Falkirk, Scotland, founded in 1843 and situated in the town centre on Upper Newmarket Street and known for its conservative evangelical preaching, aligning itself with the Forward Together g ...

Holy Trinity Church, St Andrews

Holy Trinity Church also known as the Holy Trinity Parish Church or "town kirk" is the most historic church in St Andrews. The church was initially built on land, close to the south-east gable of the Cathedral, around 1144 by Bishop Robert Kenned ...

St Nicholas Parish Church, Lanark

St Nicholas Parish Church is a category B listed building and Church of Scotland place of worship in the town centre of Lanark, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. The original 13th-century chapel was documented as early as 1890, however at that time it ...

St Vigeans Church

St Vigeans Church is a Church of Scotland parish church, serving the parish of the ancient village of St Vigeans on the outskirts of Arbroath, Angus, Scotland. The church was rebuilt in the 12th century but not consecrated until 1242 by David de ...

Reformed Presbyterian churches

The Reformed Presbyterian churches are a communion of Presbyterians originating in Scotland in 1690 when its members declined to be part of the establishment of the Church of Scotland. The Reformed Presbyterian churches collectively have a little ...

Pear-fruited bryum

Bryum turbinatum, also known as topshape thread-moss or pear-fruited bryum, is a species of moss found in continental Europe and the US. The species became extinct across the British Isles in the 1940s according to the Species Recovery Trust and ...

Balingsta Church

Balingsta Church is a Lutheran church in the Archdiocese of Uppsala in Uppsala County, Sweden. It is one of the best preserved Romanesque churches in the province of Uppland. Not far from the church is the site of the Viking Era memorial Boksta R ...

Endre Church

Endre Church is a medieval church in Endre on the Swedish island of Gotland, in the Diocese of Visby, built from the 12th to early 14th century. It contains medieval murals and several medieval furnishings, and belongs to the Church of Sweden.

Funbo Church

The Funbo Church is a medieval church in Funbo village, Uppsala Municipality in Uppsala County Sweden. It is located in the parish of Danmark-Funbo, in the Archdiocese of Uppsala.

Olmstad Church

Olmstad Church is a medieval era church at Olmstad in Jonkoping County, Sweden. Olmstad Church belongs to the Skarstad-Olmstad parish in the Diocese of Vaxjo of the Church of Sweden.

Utvangstorp Church

Utvangstorp Church is a medieval era church at Mullsjo Municipality in Jonkoping County, Sweden. It belongs to the Mullsjo-Sandhem Parish of the Church of Sweden. The church is located about 20 kilometers north of Mullsjo, the central city of Mul ...

Alsike Church

Alsike Church is a Lutheran church at Alsike in Uppsala County, Sweden. It lies in Knivsta Municipality, a suburb to Stockholm. The church is associated with the Archdiocese of Uppsala of the Church of Sweden.

Alunda Church

Alunda Church is a Lutheran church at Alunda in Osthammar Municipality, Uppsala County, Sweden. The church is associated with the Archdiocese of Uppsala of the Church of Sweden.

Anundsjo Church

Anundsjo church is a church in the Diocese of Harnosand belonging to Anundsjo parish in the community of Bredbyn in Vasternorrland County, Sweden.

Barnarp Church

Barnarp Church is a church building at Barnarp in Jonkoping County, Sweden. It belongs to the Barnarp Parish of the Diocese of Vaxjo in the Church of Sweden. The oldest part of the church dates to the 13th century. It was built in Romanesque arch ...

Caroli church, Borås

Caroli Church Caroli kyrka, Borås is a parish church in Borås, Sweden. It is the citys oldest preserved building and dated from the 13th-century. The church is associated with the Diocese of Skara of the Church of Sweden.

Eksta Church

Eksta Church is a medieval church in Eksta on the Swedish island of Gotland, in the Diocese of Visby. The church underwent substantial changes during a restoration in 1838.

Enkopings-Nas Church

Enkopings-Nas Church is a medieval church approximately 10 kilometres south of Enkoping in Uppsala County, Sweden. It belongs to the Church of Sweden.

Fleringe Church

Fleringe Church is a medieval church in Fleringe on the Swedish island of Gotland. Although heavily damaged by fire in 1676, medieval mural fragments survive in the church, which also still has its medieval lychgate and preserved church stables. ...

Mellosa Church

The church was built in the 13th century and the latest change exterior was made in 1874, when the tower was built. The baptismal font, which is from the 12th century, is the oldest object in the church. According to Mellosa in Sormlandsleden so ...

Sollefteå church

The Sollefteå church was built, using granite, in the 13th century but was heavily re-modelled in the late 18th century when it was transformed into a rococo building with a high hip roof. The church was extended to the south and west and a vestr ...

Vange Church, Uppland

Vange Church is a Lutheran church at Vange in Uppsala County, Sweden. It lies in the Archdiocese of Uppsala of the Church of Sweden.

Veckholm Church

The oldest parts of the church date from the 13th century. It was later enlarged, and in the 15th century the church was vaulted, a church porch and a vestry was added and the church again enlarged. In the 17th century, a grandly designed burial ...

Marstrand Church

The Marstrand Church is a church building in Marstrand, Sweden. It belongs to the Marstrand Parish of the Diocese of Gothenburg of the Church of Sweden.

Saint Nicholas Church, Orebro

The Saint Nicholas Church or the Nicholas Church is a church building in central Orebro, Sweden. It was originally called the Orebro Church because it was the only Church of Sweden building in town until the early 20th century. Orebro Nikolai par ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →