ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 86

St Cyprians Church, Hay Mills

St Cyprians Church, Hay Mills is a parish church in the Church of England in Hay Mills, Birmingham, England. It is situated on the southern side of the main Birmingham to Coventry Road A45 at the end of a lane called the Fordrough that leads to t ...

Holy Trinity Church, Aldershot

The Church of the Holy Trinity is one of four Anglican churches in Aldershot in Hampshire and is the parish church for the centre of the town being located on Victoria Road. A Grade II listed building since 1980, it comes under the Diocese of Gui ...

St Jamess Church, Bermondsey

St Jamess Church, Bermondsey is a Church of England parish church in Bermondsey, south London. It was completed and consecrated in 1829 and given a separate parish in 1840. In 1949 it was designated a Grade II* listed building.

All Saints Church, Lupton

All Saints Church is in the village of Lupton, Cumbria, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Kendal, the archdeaconry of Westmorland and Furness, and the diocese of Carlisle. Its benefice is united with those of seven ...

Palo de gallina

Alchorneopsis is a genus of flowering plants in the family Euphorbiaceae first described as a genus in 1865. It is native to Central America, the Greater Antilles, and northern South America. Species Alchorneopsis portoricensis Urb. - Puerto Rico ...

Royal Garrison Church, Aldershot

Royal Garrison Church of All Saints is a Church of England church in Aldershot Garrison, England. It was built in 1863 and designed by the architect P. C. Hardwick. The building is constructed in the Gothic Revival style using English bond red br ...

St Barnabass, Bethnal Green

St Barnabas Bethnal Green is a late 19th-century church in Bow in London, England. It is an Anglican church in the Diocese of London. The church is at the junction of Roman Road and Grove Road in the Bow West ward of London Borough of Tower Hamlets.

St Clements Church, Chorlton-cum-Hardy

St Clements Church is an active Anglican parish church in Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Manchester, England. Its daughter church, St Barnabas, serves the Barlow Moor estate and south Chorlton. St Clements is in the Hulme deanery in the diocese of Manchester.

St James Church, Islington

St James Church, Islington is a parish church in the inner London borough of Islington. It is located on Prebend Street between Essex Road and the New North Road. The parish is bounded by Essex Road between the New North Road and Upper Street, Up ...

St James-the-Less, Bethnal Green

St James-the-Less is a church in Bethnal Green, London, England. It is an Anglican church in the Diocese of London. Built as a commissioners church in 1840–2, its architect was Lewis Vulliamy.

St Johns Wood Church

St Johns Wood Church is a Church of England parish church in St Johns Wood, London. The church is located on Lords Roundabout, between Lords Cricket Ground and Regents Park, and has a Grade II* listing. The parish is in the Archdeaconry of Charin ...

St Marks Church, Grenoside

St. Marks Church is an Anglican parish church in Grenoside, South Yorkshire, England. It is in the Deanery of Ecclesfield, and was built in 1884. Regular Sunday services are at 9 am - a formal service once each month following the Book of Common ...

St Mary Magdalene, Paddington

St Mary Magdalene, Paddington is a Grade I listed Anglican church at Rowington Close, London W2 5TF. The parish was established in 1865 and work on the church started in 1867. Although complete in 1872, a fire destroyed the brand new roof so the ...

St Mary the Virgin, Bromley

St Mary the Virgin is a Gothic church in South London, built in the 12th century but with notable alterations in the mid-Victorian period to the designs of Sir George Gilbert Scott and his son John Oldrid Scott. It is dedicated to St Mary the Virgin.

St Marys Parish Church, Hampton

St Marys Parish Church is to be found at the junction of two major roads A308 and A311, leading to Twickenham, Kingston upon Thames and Sunbury-on-Thames. Standing tall on Bell Hill it marks the ancient heart of Hampton. During the mid-19th centu ...

St Marys Church, Tottenham

St Marys Church is a Church of England parish church on the south side of Lansdowne Road in Tottenham in north London. It began in 1881 as a mission from Marlborough College and was initially housed in the board school at Coleraine Park now Coler ...

St Marys, Staines

St Marys, Staines, is a Church of England parish church in the town and parish of Staines-upon-Thames, in the Spelthorne borough of Surrey and the Greater London Urban Area. The parish is in the Archdeaconry of Middlesex in the Diocese of London. ...

St Pauls Church, Gulworthy

St Pauls Church is a Church of England Church in Gulworthy, Devon and is one of the central buildings in the disparate parish, together with the neighbouring school. It is a Grade II listed building.

St Pauls Church, Peel

St Pauls Church, Peel is an active Anglican parish church in Little Hulton, Greater Manchester, England. It is part of the Diocese of Manchester. It is a Grade II listed building. St Pauls serves the parish of Peel and Little Hulton and with St P ...

St Peters, Bethnal Green

Built as the first of a group of new churches which, in a remarkable church planting movement led by Bishop Blomfied, came to be known as the 12 apostles of Bethnal Green’. This was an offshoot of Blomfield’s Metropolitan Church Fund for Bethnal ...

St Saviours Church, Saltley

The foundation stone was laid on Tuesday 24 October 1848. A brass plate was attached to the foundation stone with the inscription: This first stone of the Church at Saltley, in the parish of Aston juxta Birmingham, was laid by the Right Hon Lord ...

St Saviours, Pimlico

St Saviours is an Anglo-Catholic church in Pimlico, City of Westminster, London, England, located at the north end of St Georges Square. It was constructed in the 1860s as part of Thomas Cubitts development of the area on behalf of the Marquess o ...

St Silas Church, Sheffield

St Silas Church is a former church built in 1867 in Broomhall, Sheffield, England. It was under the administration of the Diocese of Sheffield from its creation in 1914 until the closure of the church in 2000.

St. Michaels Church, Chester Square

The Church of St Michael is a Church of England parish church on Chester Square in the Belgravia district of West London. It has been listed Grade II on the National Heritage List for England since February 1958.

St Marks Church, Washwood Heath

Building of the church started in 1890. The church was extended in 1894 with the addition of two bays of the nave with north and south aisles. In 1898 to 1899 a further extension of the nave and aisles was undertaken and a baptistry and steeple w ...

Christ Church, Hackenthorpe

Christ Church is a church situated in Hackenthorpe, a suburb of the City of Sheffield. It is located on Sheffield road, and was built in 1899. The church was largely funded by local land owner James Houndsfield.

St Pauls Church, Burnthouse Lane

St Pauls Church, Burnthouse Lane was a church in Exeter, Devon. The church, vicarage and hall were subject to acts of vandalism and arson. The decision was made to redevelop the site to provide social housing.

St Silas Church, Kentish Town

The church stands in the Anglo-Catholic tradition of the Church of England.

St Benet Fink Church, Tottenham

In 1904, a mission to this district was established and a Tin Tabernacle opened in Granger Road, dedicated to St Luke, in 1905, while funds were raised to build a permanent building. The current church was built during 1911 and 1912, and at its c ...

St Francis of Assisis Church, Bournville

Land had been set aside for a church and church hall by Bournville Village Trust in 1905. The church hall now part of the community centre was built in 1913, and the church building was consecrated in 1925. It was designed by William Alexander Ha ...

St Johns Parish Church, South Hornchurch

A Plaque is always on Show, and also during Remembrance Sunday Services. "Grant, O Lord to these who survive and follow them, that they may live the more nobly and trust the more certainly for the great example they have set"

St Pauls Church, Newington

The current church was designed by firm Woodroffe Buchanan & Coulter and built in 1959–60. It is Grade II listed. The building is a modernist, reinforced concrete buttressed form with a community centre on the ground floor and the church itself a ...

St Philip the Apostle, Tottenham

St Philip the Apostle Church is a Church of England parish church in Tottenham, London, and part of the Diocese of London. In 1899 the London Diocesan Home Mission established a district which was served by an iron church in Philip Lane. A perman ...

St Franciss Church, Salisbury

St Franciss Church, Salisbury is an evangelical, charismatic Church of England parish church in Salisbury, Wiltshire, England, a member of the New Wine Network of churches. The church stands in the north of Salisbury, on the A345 Castle Road. Som ...

St Martins Church, Weymouth

St Martins Church is a former Church of England church in Weymouth, Dorset, England. It was designed by Charles Edwin Ponting and built in 1907–08. The church was declared redundant in 1965 and now forms eight flats as St Martins Court.

Street Mission Church

Street Mission Church is an active Church of England church in Street, Somerset, England. The church was built in 1990 on the site of an earlier tin tabernacle which had been in use since 1898.

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Wellingborough

The church was built from 1908 to 1930, and was designed by Sir Ninian Comper. It is in the Perpendicular Gothic style. The design and interior of the church was influenced by the Oxford Movement and the Victorian revival of ritualism Financing o ...

William Temple Memorial Church, Wythenshawe

William Temple Memorial Church is a parish church in Wythenshawe, Manchester, dedicated to the bishop William Temple. It is a Grade II listed building, designed by George Pace in the Modernist style, and built in 1964-1965. It has a pitched roof ...

St Marys Church, Hull

The Church of St Mary, also known as Lowgate St Mary, is a Church of England parish church in Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire. The church is a grade II* listed building.

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →