A bojort is a type of ship first used by the Dutch to transport in the shallow canals in the Netherlands and Flanders. From the 17th to 19th century, Kristinehamn was Bergslagens most important shipping route. The iron from Bergslagen was transported over Vanern to the oceans via Gothenburg. Because of this, Kristinehamn got a royal charter in 1642 from Queen Christina of Swedens guardian regency and to remind the people of the importance of the shipping, a bojort was included in the coat of arms, which today can be seen in the coat of arms of the Kristinehamn Municipality. Vanersborg Muni ...
A daysailer, day sailer, or dayboat is a small sailboat with or without sleeping accommodations but which is larger than a dinghy. Dayboats can be monohull or multihull, and are typically trailer-able. Many dayboats have a small cabin or "cuddy" for storage and to provide shelter, for sleeping in, but which is not always large enough to stand erect in. Dayboats greater stability also distinguishes them from dinghies and are generally sailed more like a small yacht than a dinghy. For example, although crew weight may well be shifted to increase performance, this is not crucial to stability, ...
A full-rigged ship or fully rigged ship is a sailing vessels sail plan with three or more masts, all of them square-rigged. A full-rigged ship is said to have a ship rig or be ship-rigged. Sometimes the ship will just be called a ship in 18th - to early 19th-century and early use, to distinguish it from the other big three-masted blue-water working vessels such as the barque barquentines, fluyts, etc or a full ship-rig sail plan, therefore, is a term that distinguishes such courts, and from other workers or cargo vessels with widely varied alternatives to the sail plan, such as Galleons, c ...
A gableboat is a traditional Norwegian boat mainly used for fishing with a seine. It is usually built by clinker method pine on oak framework. They are robust boats that can carry big loads, but are still swift sailers. In gableboat got its name from the gable at the rear, making the back flatter than the round part of the courts, allowing both of them need more load, and create less friction when swimming or rowing.
A gulet is a traditional design of a two-masted or three-masted wooden sailing vessel from the southwestern coast of Turkey, particularly built in the coastal towns of Bodrum and Marmaris, although similar vessels can be found all around the eastern Mediterranean. Today, this type of vessel, varying in size from 14 to 35 metres, is popular for tourist charters. For considerations of crew economy, diesel power is now almost universally used and many are not properly rigged for sailing.
The Humber Keel was a type of sail craft used for inshore and inland cargo transport around Hull and the Humber Estuary, in the United Kingdom, particularly through the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The square arrangement of the sails of the ship, most likely a descendant of the Saxon vehicle of the fifth century of our era. The term "keel" comes from the Anglo-Saxon word for "guest house CEOL", which referred to a ship built by strengthening the keel spar together with single mast and square rigging. The remains of keels from the 13th century have been excavated, and the keel is def ...
ⓘ Sailboat types
- The following is a partial list of sailboat types and sailing classes, including keelboats, dinghies and multihull catamarans and trimarans Historically
- sailboat terminology has varied across history, many terms have specific meanings in the context of modern yachting. A great number of sailboat - types
- The US Yachts US 22 is an American sailboat that was designed by Gary Mull and first built in 1979. The design is out of production. The boat was built
- broad appeal of the Sunfish, in 1995 it was commended by The American Sailboat Hall of Fame for being the most popular fiberglass boat ever designed
- The International J 22 is a popular fixed - keel one - design racing sailboat built by J Boats. It is normally raced with a crew of three or four people total
- 12.89 km h List of sailing boat types Related development Hunter 33.5 Hunter 333 Moorings 295 Similar sailboats Abbott 33 C C 3 4 Ton C C 33 C C 101
- 96 kn 12.89 km h List of sailing boat types Related development Hunter 29.5 Moorings 335 Similar sailboats C C 30 Cal 29 Catalina 30 CS 30 Hunter 30
- The Hunter 36 is an American sailboat that was designed by John Cherubini as a cruising sailboat and first built in 1980. The design can be confused with
- The Hunter 37 Legend is an American sailboat that was designed by Hunter Marine founder Warren Luhrs and first built in 1986. The Hunter 37 Legend is sometimes
- has a hull speed of 6.19 kn 11.46 km h List of sailing boat types Similar sailboats Achilles 24 C C 24 C C SR 25 Challenger 24 Columbia 24 Dana 24
- has a hull speed of 5.79 kn 10.72 km h List of sailing boat types Similar sailboats Cal 20 Flicka 20 Halman 20 Hunter 18.5 Hunter 19 - 1 Hunter 19 Europa
- of sailing boat types Similar sailboats Catalina 16.5 DS - 16 Nordica 16 Tanzer 16 Watkins 17 McArthur, Bruce 2019 Sirocco 15 sailboat sailboatdata
- The C C 43 - 2 is a Canadian sailboat that was designed by C C Design as an International Offshore Rule racer and first built in 1980. The design was built
- Pearson Invicta is a 38 - foot 12 m sailboat designed for ocean racing. It has a fiberglass sloop with wood trim. Sailboats were once made solely of wood however
- standard keel fitted. List of sailing boat types Related development Watkins 25 Columbia 24 Islander 24 Similar sailboats Bayfield 25 Bombardier 7.6 Cal 25 Cal
- has a hull speed of 5.28 kn 9.78 km h List of sailing boat types Similar sailboats Buccaneer 200 Cal 20 Catalina 18 Drascombe Lugger Edel 540 Mistral
- The Hunter 23 is an American trailerable sailboat that was designed by Hunter Marine and first built in 1985. The design was built by Hunter Marine in
- The Spindrift 22 is an American trailerable sailboat that was designed by Jim Taylor and first built in 1982. The Spindrift 22 is a development of the
- sailing boat types Related development Hunter 140 Hunter 170 Marlow - Hunter 18 Similar sailboats Laser 2 Browning, Randy 2018 Hunter 146 sailboat specifications
- 56 kn 12.15 km h List of sailing boat types Related development C C SR 21 C C SR 25 C C SR 33 Similar sailboats C C 27 Catalina 275 Sport Express 27 Browning
- Ljungstrom sailboat is the name for the sailboats created by the Swedish engineer Fredrik Ljungstrom, whose interest sailing had been since childhood.
- 14 kn 11.37 km h List of sailing boat types Related development C C SR 21 C C SR 27 C C SR 33 Similar sailboats Achilles 24 Challenger 24 Melges 24 J 80
- The Hunter 36 Vision is an American sailboat designed for cruising and first built in 1990. The design can be confused with the 1980 Hunter 36, 2008 Hunter
- speed of 8.35 kn 15.46 km h List of sailing boat types Browning, Randy 2018 C C 46 sailboat specifications and details sailboatdata.com. Retrieved
- List of sailing boat types Similar sailboats Hunter Passage 42 Marlow - Hunter 42SS Browning, Randy 2018 C C 42 Custom sailboat specifications and details
- The Hunter 33 is an American sailboat that was designed by John Cherubini and first built in 1977. The design was originally marketed by the manufacturer
- of sailing boat types Similar sailboats Hunter 45 Hunter 45 DS Hunter 456 Hunter Passage 450 Browning, Randy 2018 C C 45 sailboat specifications and
- The C C 43 - 1 is a Canadian sailboat that was designed by Cuthbertson Cassian C C Design and first built in 1971. The design was originally marketed
- The MacGregor 25 is an American trailerable sailboat that was designed by Roger MacGregor and first built in 1973. The boat was built by MacGregor Yacht
- of sailing boat types Related development Nonsuch sailboat - a line of larger catboats also designed by Mark Ellis Similar sailboats Buccaneer 200 Catalina
Users also searched:
sailboat types, sailboats. sailboat types, category:sailboat types,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →