ⓘ Roads in Pune
On 12 June 2007, the Chief Minister conducted a meeting where a decision was made to construct a ring road to reduce traffic congestion in the city of Pune. The road is a bypass intended to connect 29 villages in Punes neighbourhood. The proposed route is Loni - Theur - Kesnand - Wagholi - Charholi - Bhavdi - Tulapur - Alandi - Kelgaon - Chimbli - Moee - Nighoje - Sangurdi - Shelarwadi - Shirgaon - Chandkhed - Pachne - Pimpoli - Rihe - Ghotawde - Pirangut - Khed Shivapur - Gogalwadi - Patharwadi - Bhivri - Kanifnath - Loni. The total length of this road will be 161.73 km with a total cost of ₹ 104.08 billion US$1.5 billion.
1. Mumbai–Pune Road
This road is a part of NH 48 old NH 4. After the Mumbai–Pune Expressway was opened in 2002, this road came to be known as Old Mumbai–Pune Road. It starts in the suburb of Shivajinagar earlier Bhamburde and passes through the suburbs of Shivajinagar, Khadki cantonment, Bopodi, Dapodi, Kasarwadi, Pimpri, Chinchwad, Nigdi, Dehu Road cantonment, Kivale, Mamurdi, Gahunje, Talegaon Dabhade, and Vadgaon Maval all the way up to Mumbai. This road, measured from Pune to Mumbai, is nearly 156 km in length. The College of Agriculture at Shivajinagar, College of Military Engineering at Dapodi and Appu Ghar at Nigdi are on this road. The road is one of several used by devotees walking towards Pandharpur during Pandharpur Wari.
2. Pune–Satara Road
This road is also a part of NH-48 old NH 4. It starts from Jedhe square Swargate and passes through the suburbs of Parvati, Bibwewadi, Katraj, Mangdewadi, Bhilarewadi, and Shindewadi all the way up to Satara and ahead till Bengaluru. The Market Yard near Gultekdi and Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park at Katraj are on this road.
3. Dehu Road–Katraj Bypass
The Dehu Road-Katraj Bypass also known as the Westerly Bypass or simply Pune Bypass is a road that connects the Mumbai-Pune Road and the Pune-Satara Road, bypassing the city. The road stretches 40 km from Dehu Road cantonment in the north to Katraj in the south. It is a part of NH 48 NH4, pre-2010 connecting Mumbai to Chennai. The road passes through the suburbs of Dehu Road cantonment, Mamurdi, Kivale, Ravet, Punawale, Tathawade, Wakad, Mahalunge, Balewadi, Baner, Pashan, Bavdhan Budruk, Bavdhan Khurd, Kothrud, Warje, Vadgaon Budruk, Narhe, Ambegaon Budruk, Jambhulwadi, and Shindewadi. The road was constructed in 1989. Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park in Hinjawadi is situated off this road. Places like Pashan Lake in Pashan and Shri Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex in Mahalunge, where the 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games were held, are along this road.
4. Pune–Solapur Road
This road is part of NH-65 old NH-9. This road starts in Pulgate and passes through the suburbs of Pune Camp, Wanwadi, Hadapsar, Manjri Budruk, Loni, Kinjirwadi, andUruli Kanchan and goes to Solapur. From Pulgate, this road is also connected to Swargate by Shankarsheth Road. The Pune Race Course in Pune Camp and SRPF in Wanwadi is along this road. Magarpatta City is located off this road in Hadapsar.
5. Katraj–Manterwadi Bypass
This is a bypass road that connects Pune–Satara Road and Pune–Saswad Road, bypassing the city. It starts in the suburb of Katraj and passes through the suburbs of Katraj, Undri, and Handewadi up to Manterwadi.
6. Pune–Ahmednagar Road
This road starts from a suburb of Yerawada and passes through the suburbs of Yerawada, Vadgaon Sheri, Kharadi, and Wagholi up to Ahmednagar and beyond. The road to Pune International Airport, called Airport Road, is an offshoot of this road in Yerawada. Pune Club Golf Course, Yerawada Central Jail and Wadia Stud Farm in Yerwada, Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth in Vadgaon Sheri, and EON Free Zone in Kharadi, are along or off this road.
7. Mundhwa Bypass
This is a bypass road that connects Pune–Solapur Road and Pune–Ahmednagar Road, bypassing the city. It starts from the suburb of Hadapsar and passes through the suburbs of Hadapsar and Mundhwa up to Kharadi. Magarpatta City in Hadapsar and EON Free Zone in Kharadi are along or off this road.
8. Pune–Nashik Road
This road starts at Nashik Phata in Kasarwadi, a suburb on Mumbai–Pune Road NH-48, and passes through the suburbs of Kasarwadi, Bhosari, Chikhli, Moshi, Chimbali, and Chakan all the way up to Nashik. The Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope in Khodad is off this road.
9. Pune–Saswad Road
This road starts from Saswad Fata in Hadapsar, a suburb on Pune–Solapur Road, and passes through the suburbs of Hadapsar, Fursungi, Manterwadi, Uruli Devachi, and Wadki and ahead to Saswad, Jejuri, and Satara. Hadapsar Gadital and Hadapsar Airport in Hadapsar and SP Infocity in Fursingi are along this road. It is one of several main roads used by devotees walking towards Pandharpur during Pandharpur Wari.
10. Pune–Paud Road
This road starts from Paud Phata in the suburb of Erandwane and passes through the suburbs of Kothrud, Bavdhan Khurd, Bhugaon, Bhukum, Lavale, Pirangut, Kasar Amboli, and Paud and ahead to Vile in Raigad district. The first flyover in Pune, going towards Paud, was constructed on this road over Paud Phata in 1998.
11. Shivaji Road
This road is named after the Maratha emperor Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. The road connects the suburb of Shivajinagar to Jedhe Square Swargate. It is an important road in old Pune and is parallel to Bajirao Road. The bridge over the Mutha River on this road is named the Shivaji Bridge also called Navapul or Lloyds Bridge. The Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Temple and the Mandai Market are on this road. A skywalk has been proposed along this road to reduce pedestrians obstructing traffic.
12. Bajirao Road
The road is named after the Peshwa of the Maratha Empire, Baji Rao I. It is an important road in Pune and parallel to Shivaji Road. The Tulshibaug market, Vishrambaug Wada, and Sarasbaug are on this road.
13. Tilak Road
This road is named after freedom fighter Lokmanya Tilak. It runs between Alka Square in Sadashiv Peth and Jedhe Square Swargate. Sir Parshurambhau College, Nehru Stadium, and Tilak Smarak Ranga Mandir are on this road.
14. Laxmi Road
Named after the Goddess Mahalaxmi, the road goes from Alka Square Sadashiv Peth to Quarter Gate Square Rasta Peth. It is the venue for Laxmi Puja during the festival of Diwali. Publishing houses like Nirali Prakashan and Manali Prakashan, as well as various jewelry shops, are situated here.
15. Kumthekar Road
This road is named after R. B. Kumthekar, Chief Officer, Poona City Municipality, 1889–1912. This road runs parallel to Laxmi Road. Many ethnic clothes shops are situated here.
16. Jangali Maharaj Road
Jangali Maharaj Road is named after Sadguru Jangali Maharaj, whose ashram is on this road. Adjacent to this shrine is the Pataleshwar Temple entirely carved in rock, which is the oldest temple in Pune, built in the 7th century AD. It lies entirely in the suburb of Shivajinagar. Jangali Maharaj Road was rebuilt under the supervision of M. D. Dalvi, Chief Officer, Poona City Municipality between 1939–1944. It is famous for its many restaurants.
17. Gopal Krishna Gokhale Road
This road gets its name from the political leader Gopal Krishna Gokhale. It was earlier called Fergusson College Road after Fergusson College, an educational institute established alongside it in 1885. It lies entirely in a suburb of Shivajinagar. It is also famous for its many restaurants.
18. Shankarsheth Road
The road is named after Jagannath Shankarseth, one of the most well-known philanthropists and educationalists in India. It connects Swargate to Pulgate via Golibar Maidan.
19. Tanaji Malusare Road
This road is named after Tanaji Malusare, a military leader in the Maratha Empire. It is also known as Sinhagad Road. It starts from Sarasbaug junction in the suburb of Parvati, and passes through the suburbs of Parvati, Hingne Khurd, Vadgaon Budruk, Vadgaon Khurd, Dhayari, Nanded, Kirkatwadi, and Khadakwasla up to Donje, and terminates at Sinhagad. The Pu La Deshpande Udyan, which is a Japanese-themed park in Parvati, the Central Water and Power Research Station and Khadakwasla Dam in Khadakwasla, and Sinhagad are along this road.
20. Karve Road and National Defence Academy Road
Karve Road is named after the social reformer Maharshi Karve. It starts at Deccan earlier Pulachi wadi in the suburb of Shivajinagar earlier Bhamburde. It passes through the suburbs of Shivajinagar, Erandwane, Kothrud, Karvenagar earlier Hingne Budruk, and Warje till the intersection with Dehu Road–Katraj Bypass. The first flyover in Pune, going towards Paud, was constructed on this road over Paud Phata in 1998. The Deccan Gymkhana, Ayurved Rasashala, and Abasaheb Garware College in Shivajinagar, Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital and Joshis Museum of Miniature Railway in Erandawane are along the road.
National Defence Academy Road NDA Road is named after the National Defence Academy, which is along the road. It starts at the suburb of Warje from the intersection with Dehu Road–Katraj Bypass and passes through the suburbs of Ahire, Shivane, and Kondhawe Dhawade until the NDA Gate, also known as the Kondhwe Gate.
21. Bhandarkar Road
This road gets its name from the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, which was established here in 1917 in remembrance of social reformer Ramakrishna Gopal Bhandarkar. It starts from one end of Law College Road opposite the entrance of the Bhandarkar Institute and ends at the Cafe Good Luck Square on Fergusson College Road. It lies entirely in the suburb of Shivajinagar. The sports clubs Deccan Gymkhana and PYC Hindu Gymkhana are off this road. It was home to the Marathi writer Pu La Deshpande.
22. Prabhat Road
This road is named after the Prabhat Studios. The road starts at Prabhat Square in the suburb of Shivajinagar and ends at the Film and Television Institute of India erstwhile Prabhat Film Studios in the suburb of Erandwane. Prabhat Lodge, Deccan Gymkhana, and Tilak Tank are off this road.
23. University Road
This road starts from the Indian Meteorological Department also called Shimla office Square in the Shivajinagar suburb and ends at the University of Pune Circle at the Shivajinagar–Aundh border. The Shivaji Nagar Bus Terminus, the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Educations head office, the Bank of Maharashtras headquarters, the College of Agriculture, the Government Polytechnic, and the University of Pune are along this road.
24. North Main Road and South Main Road
North Main Road and South Main Road are parallel roads in Koregaon Park. Lanes connecting the roads house luxurious properties of business magnates, military officers, and politicians of Pune. The Osho International Meditation Resort and German Bakery are off these roads.
25. M.G. Road and East Street
M.G. Road stands for Moledina Grant Road. It ends at Pulgate. Hotel Aurora Towers is situated here.
East Street runs parallel to the above road. It also ends at Pulgate.
26. Senapati Bapat Road
This road starts at V.S. Khandekar Square in the suburb of Shivajinagar and terminates off Pune University Circle on the Ganesh Khind at the Shivajinagar–Aundh border. The Chaturshringi Temple lies on this road, and an annual street fair is held during the festival of Navaratri. The NCC, Balbharati Bhavan, Shantanurao Kirloskar International Convention Center ICC, a pagoda and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar memorial, the JW Marriott hotel, and the Symbiosis International University are along this road.
27. Law College Road
The road is now known as Chiplunkar Road. The road was named after ILS Law College, which is situated on this road. The road starts at the V.S.Khandekar Square in the suburb of Shivajinagar and runs up to Nal stop on Karve Road in the suburb of Erandwane. The Film and Television Institute of India, the National Film Archive of India, and Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute are situated along this road.
28. Aundh–Ravet Road
This road runs from the suburb of Aundh to Ravet, as one of the alternative roads to Mumbai–Pune road. It has a length of 11 km. Major areas connected by this road are Aundh, Sangvi, Pimple Nilakh, Pimple Gurav, Pimple Saudagar, Rahatani, Wakad, Thergaon, Tathawade, Punawale, and Ravet.
29. Pashan–Sus Road
This road starts from the suburb of Pashan and passes through the suburbs of Pashan, Sus, Nande, and Chande. The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research at Pashan, Institute of Hospitality Management, Research & Development at Sus, and International School of Business and Media at Nande are along or off this road.
30. Pashan–Baner Link Road
This link road connects the suburbs of Pashan and Baner. It starts at Balaji Square on Pashan–Chande Road in Pashan and ends at Hotel Mahabaleshwar Square on Baner Road in Baner.
31. Pimpri–Chinchwad Link Road
This link road connects the suburbs of Pimpri and Chinchwad, as one of the alternative roads to Mumbai–Pune Road. It starts at Ambedkar Square in Pimpri and ends at Chaphekar Square in Chinchwad.
- Pune Ring Road is a road planned for construction in Pune India. Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority PMRDA claimed that the road will decrease
- Pune Suburban Railway, also known as Pune Suburban Service or Pune Local Railway, is a suburban rail system connecting Pune to its suburbs and neighboring
- now called Shivajinagar and Aundh. Dehu road Cantonment, formed by borrowing land from the villages around Dehu. Housing Report PDF Roads in Pune
- Dedicated Intercity trains of India Pune International Airport Pune Station Bus Stand Roads in Pune World - class Pune station via public - private route
- Pune Cantonment, also known as Pune Camp, is a military cantonment located in Pune Maharashtra in India. It was established in 1817 for accommodating
- Pimpri Roads in Pune Aundh gets a smart and arty makeover The Times of India. Retrieved 5 July 2018. - Pune - Best Shopping and Cinema Experience in Aundh
- in automobile transportation to Indian roads It is one of India s busiest roads The expressway starts at Kalamboli in Mumbai and ends at Kiwale in Pune
- inner ring road 52 - km monorail - Indian Express Pune Pune District. Lohegaon Airfield. Pune Station Bus Stand. Pune Railway Station. Roads in Pune
- Pune Metro is a metro rail based rapid transit system under construction to serve Pune Central and the areas of Pimpri Chinchwad. As of December 2019
- Pune Nasik Road line is a proposed railway line between the cities of Pune and Nashik. Once completed this will link to most important industrial cities
- planning schemes, Pune Ring Road as well as Pune Metro Line 3 PMR is spread over 3 talukas of the Pune district. It includes the entire of Pune City, Pimpri
- Saswad and Jejuri in Purandar taluka of Pune District in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The CIDCO will hold 51 per cent stake in the SPV, while MADC s
- The Pune International Marathon is an annual marathon foot - race held in Pune India. The first edition of the race was held in 1983, and the 31st edition
- Indore - Pune Superfast Express is a superfast trains of the Indian Railways which runs between Indore Junction in Madhya Pradesh and Pune Junction in Maharashtra
- Rising Pune Supergiant often abbreviated as RPS was a franchise cricket team based in Pune Maharashtra, that played in the Indian Premier League in 2016
- Pune is a district in the state of Maharashtra, India. Pune City Central is the District Headquarters. The district s population was 9, 429, 408 in the
- Pune railway division is one of the five railway divisions of Central Railway India Zone of Indian Railways located at Pune of Maharashtra state in
- Pune is a city in the state of Maharashtra in India. Pune s public transport consists primarily of a bus service, a suburban rail service, public taxis
- public transport bus service provider for the twin cities of Pune and Pimpri - Chinchwad in the Pune Metropolitan Region of the Indian state of Maharashtra.
- downtown in Pune Metropolitan Region, Maharashtra, India. It is situated at the intersection of Pune - Nashik NH 50 road and the Dehu - Alandi road and
- 5B 5BWikipedia 3ARedirects for discussion 5D 5D debate closed as delete REDIRECT Roads in Pune Pashan - Chande road
- Pune - Okayama Friendship Garden or Pu La Deshpande Udyan is one of the largest gardens located on Sinhagad Road Narvir Tanaji Malusare Road in Pune Maharashtra
- The 11101 02 Pune - Gwalior Weekly Express is an express train of the Indian Railways connecting Pune in Maharashtra and Gwalior Junction of Madhya Pradesh
- Pune Airport, IATA: PNQ, ICAO: VAPO is located approximately 10 km 6.2 mi northeast of Pune Central in the state of Maharashtra, India. The airport
- Engineering Pune COEP is an autonomous engineering institute affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University in Pune Maharashtra, India. Established in 1854
- Pune City police department is the law enforcement agency with jurisdiction over 790 km2 comprising Pune city in Maharashtra. The city police is division
- The 2012 Pune bombings was a series of four coordinated low - intensity bombing attacks that occurred on 1 August 2012 across Pune the ninth - largest metropolis
- festival Gudhi Padwa till Ram Navami Culture of Pune Pune Roads in Pune Zore, Prasanna D 1997 Pune s Dagedu Sheth Halwai dresses up for Ganeshotsva
- Rashtrakuta era cave temple of Pataleshwar being the oldest man made structure in Pune Shivajinagar was earlier known as Bhambwade. Later it came to known as
- Pune Bhusaval Express is an express train belonging to Indian Railways Central Railways Zone that runs between Pune Junction and Bhusaval Junction in
Users also searched:
Pune, Roads, Roads in Pune, roads in pune, transport in pune. roads in pune,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →