Music is found in every known culture and religion, past and present, varying widely between times and places. Since all people of the world, including the most isolated tribal groups, have a form of music, it may be concluded that music is likely to have been present in the ancestral population prior to the dispersal of humans around the world. Consequently, the first music may have been invented in Africa and then evolved to become a fundamental constituent of human life. A cultures music is influenced by all other aspects of that culture, including social and economic organization and e ...
Rock music is a broad genre of popular music that originated as "rock and roll" in the United States in the early 1950s, and developed into a range of different styles in the 1960s and later, particularly in the United States and the United Kingdom. It has its roots in 1940s and 1950s rock and roll, a style which drew heavily from the genres of blues, rhythm and blues, and from country music. Rock music also drew strongly from a number of other genres such as electric blues and folk, and incorporated influences from jazz, classical and other musical styles. Musically, rock has centered on ...
Pop music is a genre of popular music that originated in its modern forms in the US and the UK during the mid-1950s. The terms "popular music" and "pop music" are often used interchangeably, although the former describes all music that is popular and includes many diverse styles. "Pop" and "rock" were roughly synonymous terms until the late 1960s, when they became quite separated from each other. Although much of the music that appears on record charts is seen as pop music, the genre is distinguished from chart music. Pop music often borrows elements from other styles such as urban, dance, ...
Popular music is music with wide appeal that is typically distributed to large audiences through the music industry. These forms and styles can be enjoyed and performed by people with little or no musical training. It stands in contrast to both art music and traditional or "folk" music. Art music was historically disseminated through the performances of written music, although since the beginning of the recording industry, it is also disseminated through recordings. Traditional music forms such as early blues songs or hymns were passed along orally, or to smaller, local audiences. The orig ...
Avant-garde music is music that is considered to be at the forefront of innovation in its field, with the term "avant-garde" implying a critique of existing aesthetic conventions, rejection of the status quo in favor of unique or original elements, and the idea of deliberately challenging or alienating audiences. Avant-garde music may be distinguished from experimental music by the way it adopts an extreme position within a certain tradition, whereas experimental music lies outside tradition.
This is a list of music styles. Music can be described in terms of many genres and styles. Classifications are often arbitrary, and may be disputed and closely related forms often overlap. Larger genres and styles comprise more specific sub-categories. Applicable styles are classified in this list using AllMusic genre categorization.
A musical ensemble, also known as a music group or musical group, is a group of people who perform instrumental or vocal music, with the ensemble typically known by a distinct name. Some music ensembles consist solely of instruments, such as the jazz quartet or the orchestra. Some music ensembles consist solely of singers, such as choirs and doo wop groups. In both popular music and classical music, there are ensembles in which both instrumentalists and singers perform, such as the rock band or the Baroque chamber group for basso continuo and one or more singers. In classical music, trios ...
A musical instrument is a device created or adapted to make musical sounds. In principle, any object that produces sound can be considered a musical instrument - it is through purpose that the object becomes a musical instrument. The history of musical instruments dates to the beginnings of human culture. Early musical instruments may have been used for ritual, such as a horn to signal success on the hunt, or a drum in a religious ceremony. Cultures eventually developed composition and performance of melodies for entertainment. Musical instruments evolved in step with changing applications ...
This is a list of musical terms that are likely to be encountered in printed scores, music reviews, and program notes. Most of the terms are Italian, in accordance with the Italian origins of many European musical conventions. Sometimes, the special musical meanings of these phrases differ from the original or current Italian meanings. Most of the other terms are taken from French and German, indicated by Fr. and Ger. ", respectively. Unless specified, the terms are Italian or English. The list can never be complete: some terms are common, and others are used only occasionally, and new one ...
Sound recording and reproduction is an electrical, mechanical, electronic, or digital inscription and re-creation of sound waves, such as spoken voice, singing, instrumental music, or sound effects. The two main classes of sound recording technology are analog recording and digital recording. Acoustic analog recording is achieved by a microphone diaphragm that senses changes in atmospheric pressure caused by acoustic sound waves and records them as a mechanical representation of the sound waves on a medium such as a phonograph record in which a stylus cuts grooves on a record. In magnetic ...
- Music is an art form consisting of sound and silence, expressed through time. Music may also refer to: Musical notation, a system for writing musical
- Music Music or Music Cyrillic: Мусиц, Мусић or Мушич is a Serbo - Croatian and Slovenian language surname and may refer to: Ales Music born 1982 Slovenian
- Music Serbian: Мушић is a village in the municipality of Kupres, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Official results from the book: Ethnic composition of Bosnia - Herzegovina
- Christian music is music that has been written to express either personal or a communal belief regarding Christian life and faith. Common themes of Christian
- Religious music also sacred music is music performed or composed for religious use or through religious influence. Ritual music is music sacred or not
- Music journalism or music criticism is media criticism and reporting about music topics, including popular music classical music and traditional
- institution can also be known as a school of music music academy, music faculty, college of music music department of a larger institution conservatory
- Arabic music or Arab music Arabic: الموسيقى العربية romanized: al - mūsīqā al - ʿArabīyah is the music of the Arab world with all its different music styles
- Music education is a field of practice, in which educators are trained for careers as elementary or secondary music teachers, school or music conservatory
- Sony Music Entertainment SME recognized as Sony Music is an American global music conglomerate owned by Sony Corporation of America and incorporated
- Classical music is art music produced or rooted in the traditions of Western culture, including both liturgical religious and secular music While a
- The Carpenters: Music Music Music is a Carpenters television special from 1980. It included guest stars such as Ella Fitzgerald, John Davidson and Nelson
- World music also called global music or international music is a Western musical category encompassing many different styles of music from other parts
- Latin music Portuguese and Spanish: musica latina is a genre used by the music industry as a catch - all term for music that comes from Spanish - and Portuguese - speaking
- Art music alternatively called classical music cultivated music serious music and canonic music is music that implies advanced structural and theoretical
- Electronic music is music that employs electronic musical instruments, digital instruments and circuitry - based music technology. In general, a distinction
- music is music that has been created in various genres on the island of Ireland. The indigenous music of the island is termed Irish traditional music
- Music psychology, or the psychology of music may be regarded as a branch of both psychology and musicology. It aims to explain and understand musical
- Asia Music of Kazakhstan Music of Kyrgyzstan Music of Tajikistan Music of Turkmenistan Music of Uzbekistan Music of East Asia Music of Taiwan Music of China
- Music hall is a type of British theatrical entertainment that was popular from the early Victorian era, beginning around 1850. It ended, arguably, after
- Carnatic music Karnātaka samgīta, or Karnātaka sangītam, is a system of music commonly associated with southern India, including the modern Indian states
- The music of India includes multiple varieties of Punjabi Music classical music folk music filmi, Indian rock, and Indian pop, all of which is derivative
- Background music refers to a mode of musical performance in which the music is not intended to be a primary focus of potential listeners, but its content
- Ambient music is a genre of music that emphasizes tone and atmosphere over traditional musical structure or rhythm. A form of instrumental music it may
- liturgical music also known as sacred used for the church, and secular music non - religious music Medieval music includes solely vocal music such as
- Country music also known as country and western or simply country and hillbilly music is a genre of popular music that originated in the Southern
- Baroque music UK: bəˈrɒk or US: bəˈroʊk is a period or style of Western art music composed from approximately 1600 to 1750. This era followed the
- The Music of Pakistan Urdu: پاکستان کی موسیقی includes diverse elements ranging from music from various parts of South Asia as well as Central Asian
- The music of Hawaii includes an array of traditional and popular styles, ranging from native Hawaiian folk music to modern rock and hip hop. Hawaii s musical
- Music of China refers to the music of the Chinese people, which may be the music of the Han Chinese as well as other ethnic minorities within mainland
Users also searched:
free music, music download, history of music, history, history of, music, music history, about, notation, for kids, book, periods, musical history, facts about the, musicians, musical, articles, kids, facts, history of music timeline, history of music for kids, history of music articles, history of music notation, history of music pdf, music history periods, history of music book, history of musical, historical, history of musicians, timeline, rock music, rock,