ⓘ Indore Bus Rapid Transit System
The Indore BRTS or Ahilya Path Designed by Resident Engineer Shrilal Prasad Nirala Team Leader of TCPL Indore is the bus rapid transit system for the city of Indore, Madhya Pradesh by AICTSL also called i-Bus, became operational from 10 May 2013. The Indore BRTS project started in 2007 under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission. It involves the participation of the Governments of India and Madhya Pradesh, and the World Bank.
The UK-based Serco won the operation and maintenance contract of the BRT from Atal Indore City Transport Services Ltd AICTSL, a joint venture between Indore Development Authority and Indore Municipal Corporation, which was set up to operate and manage the public transport system in the city. The Company will operate and maintain the fleet of the 50 low-floor and air conditioned buses. It will also manage the operations control center and a depot for the corridor.
Under the SUTP, the Global Environment Facility will fund the setting up of the GPS-enabled Intelligent Transport System ITS on the BRTS.
The corridor is fully equipped with free high-speed Wi-Fi internet service for commuters, provided by Free As Air.
The ITS architecture will boast, among other high-tech features, of advance signal systems based on data-centric algorithms for emergency pre-emption and network surveillance with CCTV cameras. The SUTP also envisages support for the BRTS through two Traffic Signal Prioritisation and Automatic Fare Collection plans. These include traffic signal co-ordination with adaptive signal control and a centralised traffic control centre managing 46 traffic signals and priority for BRTS buses.
The BRTS will have Automatic Fare Collection System AFCS, which will facilitate off-board fare collection. There will also be a Ticket Office Terminal for issuing "contactless smart cards." Under the AFCS, fares will be collected by a private company on behalf of Indore City Bus.
The company, under a 10-year contract, will be responsible for the supply, installation, maintenance and operation of the AFCS, besides providing the personnel required. A similar contract-based system is planned for the AFCS of BRTS-Ahmedabad.
While the completed BRTS will cover 106 km, connecting all major corridors in Indore, Phase-I of the project proposes three corridors: the AB Road pilot corridor, the Vijayanagar Chowraha-Ujjain Road junction and Ujjain Road junction-the Airport. The current Rs. 130-crore AB Road pilot corridor runs along 11.7 km and will cater to around 70.000 passengers daily. BRTS may also be linked to the upcoming Indore Metro as planned
1. Project Status
23 June 2009:
- Six consultants have been shortlisted for Phase-I of BRTS.
15 July 2012:
- The 14 km-long proposed Indore BRTS project worth Rs 140 crore would be ready by September - 2012.
2 February 2013:
- BRTS to become operational in Indore from April 2013.
10 May 2013:
- BRTS becomes operational in Indore with 16 buses plying.
- Indore BRTS Bhubaneswar BRTS Raipur and Naya Raipur BRTS Visakhapatnam BRTS Amritsar BRTS Hubli - Dharwad BRTS Bus rapid transit system BRTS is a bus
- list of bus rapid transit BRT systems which are in operation or under construction. The term BRT has been applied to a wide range of bus services
- Indore City Bus is a road transport system run by Atal Indore City Transport Services Limited or AICTSL. This transport system runs through 277 kilometers
- The Delhi BRTS was a bus rapid transit system in Delhi. The first route opened in 2008 ahead of the 2010 Commonwealth Games which were held in the city
- A medium - capacity system MCS also known as light rapid transit or light metro, is a rail transport system with a capacity greater than light rail, but
- Ludhiana BRTS was a bus rapid transit system proposed for the city of Ludhiana in Punjab, India. It was to be 48 km in length, and the project was approved
- Orange according to their route. Indore BRTS i BUS Indore BRTS is a bus rapid transit system with 53 air - conditioned. Buses are equipped with services like
- Amritsar Metro Bus Amritsar BRTS is the bus rapid transit system BRTS in the city of Amritsar, Punjab, India. Amritsar Metro Bus allows easy travel to
- operator of Bhopal Bus Rapid Transit System Atal Indore City Transport Service Limited AiCSTL Also operator of Indore Bus Rapid Transit System Jabalpur City
- transit in India consists of suburban rail, rapid transit monorail, light rail, and tram systems There are currently 13 operational rapid transit also
- guideway transit Guide bar Guided bus Guide rail Intermodal passenger transport Medium - capacity rail transport system Moving walkway Personal Rapid Transit Rail
- This list of metro systems includes electrified rapid transit train systems worldwide. In some parts of the world, metro systems are referred to as subways
- The BRT Standard is an evaluation tool for Bus Rapid Transit corridors around the world, based on international best practices. The Standard establishes
- multi - modal transport system similar to Hyderabad s. The consultants suggested a minimum of 1, 500 city buses and a bus rapid transit system BRTS on selected
- vehicle population in most large cities. Bus rapid transit systems BRTS exist in several cities of the country. Buses take up over 90 of public transport
- rail systems List of tram and light rail transit systems List of town tramway systems List of trolleybus systems List of bus rapid transit systems List
- the Kushabhau Thakre Inter State Bus Terminal is located near the Habibganj railway station, The Bus Rapid Transit System which opened in 2013, is run by
- cities, two international airports, five power projects, two mass rapid transit systems and two logistical hubs. The eight investment regions proposed
- Junction railway station KLL The governing body of Gujarat planned for rapid transit in the city by proposing the Metro - Link Express for Gandhinagar and
- has yet to start. The Navi Mumbai Metro is an under construction rapid transit system in Navi Mumbai. A network of as many as six lines have been planned
- launched on 1 October 2012. a new Bus Rapid Transit System BRTS with launching of the 10 - km long Blue corridor and two AC buses which will be free for the
- by JNNURM funds pertaining to road network, storm water drains, bus rapid transit system water supply, solid waste management, sewage treatment, river
- transportation system between Mumbai and Pune that would cut the travel time from the current 180 minutes to just 20 minutes. Indore - based Dinclix GroundWorks
- cities of India like Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Indore Lucknow, Visakhapatnam and Ahmedabad. Other stations include Gandhinagar
- and Jaisalmer. Recently, Bus Rapid Transit System BRTS is launched in the city with low floor and semi - low floor buses plying on major routes. Jodhpur
- Cricinfo. Retrieved 24 August 2019. 3rd ODI, New Zealand tour of India at Indore Dec 15 1988 ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 24 August 2019. dshshshs Info on
- Metro is a rapid transit system which started its operations from 6 September 2017. Lucknow Metro system is the most - quickly built metro system in the world
- modernisation plan for the airport. Work included an expansion of runway 01L 19R, rapid - exit taxiways and parking bays. The runway was extended by 400 metres 2790
- inter - state bus services from Dwaraka bus station. Over 600 city buses operate over 150 routes, in addition to Bus Rapid Transit System in two corridors
- shortly for developing similar mass transit system in cities of Noida, Bhopal, Nagpur, Indore Kanpur and Ahmedabad. Indore is leading the track by implementing
Users also searched:
Transit, Rapid, System, Indore, Indore Bus Rapid Transit System, indore bus rapid transit system, transport in indore. indore bus rapid transit system,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →