ⓘ Jhansi Junction railway station
Jhansi Junction is a major railway junction in the city of Jhansi in Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh. It is one of the busiest and largest railway stations in India. It is a major intercity hub and a technical stoppage for many superfast trains in India. Jhansi has its own division in the North Central Railway zone of Indian Railways. It lies on the main Delhi-Chennai and Delhi-Mumbai line. The station code is JHS. The Station Director is Girish Kanchan. Vivaan Solar, a Gwalior based company has won contract to install a total of 1.5 MW rooftop solar power project at the wagon repair workshop of Jhansi Junction railway station. The company will install rooftop solar panels on production sheds and service buildings of the complex.
The railway station was built by the British in the late 1880s. After a long survey of three places the current site was selected for the station. The station has a massive fort-like building painted in maroon and off white.
The station had three platforms in the beginning. Platform One is 2.525 feet 770 m long making it the fifth longest in the India. It could easily handle two trains at a time Same are the cases with platforms two and three)
Jhansi Junction was the focal point for The Indian Midland Railways Company which laid down lines radially in all directions from Jhansi Junction and managed the large workshop at Jhansi.
The first Shatabdi Express of India started between New Delhi and Jhansi.
The First Station Director Of Jhansi Junction is Girish Kanchan.
Earlier Jhansi used to be a part of Central railways zone headquartered at Mumbai but now comes under North Central Railway Zone headquartered at Allahabad.
Jhansi Junction is linked with many industrial and important cities of India by direct trains like New Delhi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Bhopal, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Jammu, Agra, Bhubaneshwar, Ahmedabad, Banda, Nagpur etc.
Jhansi Junction is served by 4 broad gauge routes:
- To Jhansi - Kanpur Central
- To Delhi - Mumbai
- To Delhi - Chennai
- To Khajuraho - Manikpur
- To Bina - Bhopal
There is an ongoing survey for a new line between Jhansi Junction and Shivpuri in Madhya Pradesh which would be further connected to Sawai Madhopur and Jaipur.
Many prestigious Indian Railways trains pass through Jhansi, including the Gatimaan Express currently the fastest train in India.
- Shatabdi Express,
- Duronto express.
- Tamil Nadu Express,
- Pushpak Express,
- Taj Express Origins from Jhansi,
- Telangana Express,
- Dakshin Express,
- Bundelkhand Express,
- Kerala Express,
- Gatimaan Express Origins from Jhansi,
- Karnataka Express,
- Goa Express.
- Bhopal Express,
- Rajdhani Expresses,
Jhansi is an important destination for tourists intending to go to Khajuraho, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Orchha.
- Free Internet Connectivity and Wifi station by RailWire for the first half an hour.
- Clock room booking of reservation and non reserved tickets platform tickets available.
- The station also features a La-festa restaurant.
- Executive Class & Class II air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned waiting rooms facility available.
- A new shopping mall under construction just in front of Railway Station
- Jhansi Junction has 8 platforms, 4 broad over-bridges. Due to heavy usage, two new platforms are planned, increasing the total to 11.
- Six pairs of the Rajdhani Express as well as the Bhopal - New Delhi Shatabdi Express pass through Jhansi. Three pairs of Duronto Express also have their stoppages at Jhansi. All state Sampark Krantis passing through Jhansi have official stops at Jhansi. In all more than 150 trains stop at Jhansi Junction every day.
- A Cyber cafe, and tourist information offices of both the Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh governments.
4. Trains boarding from Jhansi Junction Railway station
- 51831/51832 Jhansi Agra Cantt Passenger
- 51813/51814 Jhansi Lucknow Charbagh Passenger
- 51811/51812 Jhansi Bina Passenger
- 11109/11110 Jhansi Lucknow Intercity Express.
- 12279/12280 Jhansi New Delhi Taj Express.
- 51815/51816 Jhansi Agra Fort Passenger
- 54159/54160 Jhansi Banda Passenger
- 11801/11802 Jhansi - Etawah Link Express
- 51819/51820 Jhansi Allahabad Jn Passenger
- 51817/51818 Jhansi Tikamgarh Passenger
- 12050/12049 Jhansi Nizamuddin Gatiman express
- 51827/51828 Jhansi Itarsi Nagpur Passenger
- 51805/51806 Jhansi Manikpur Passenger
- 11103/11104 Jhansi - Bandra Terminus Express
- 51821/51822 Jhansi Khajuraho Passenger
- 51803/51804 Jhansi Kanpur Central Passenger
- 51807/51808 Jhansi Banda Passenger
- 54157/54158 Jhansi Kanpur Central Passenger
and several other passengers and shuttles trains connecting Lucknow, Kanpur, Agra Cantt, Allahabad,Manikpur, Banda Jn,Khajuraho, Tikamgarh,Bhopal,Bina and Itarsi.
4.1. Trains boarding from Jhansi Junction Railway station Longest railway platforms in the world
The longest railway platforms are:
- Sonepur railway station, Sonepur, Bihar, India: 738 m 2.421 ft
- East Tsim Sha Tsui Station, Kowloon, Hong Kong: longest platform with platform screen doors: 300 m 984 ft
- Jhansi Junction, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh, India: 770 m 2.526 ft
- Gorakhpur railway station, Uttar Pradesh, India:1.366.33 m 4.483 ft longest in the world
- East Perth railway station, Perth, Western Australia: 770 m 2.526 ft longest in Australia
- Flinders Street railway station, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia: 708 m 2.323 ft
- Eurotunnel Folkestone Terminal, Folkestone, England: 791 m 2.595 ft longest in Europe
- State Street subway, Chicago, Illinois, US: 1.067 m 3.501 ft longest in North America
- Kalgoorlie railway station, Kalgoorlie, Western Australia: 760 m 2.493 ft
- Bilaspur railway station, Chhattisgarh, India: 802 m 2.631 ft
- Kharagpur, West Bengal, India: 1.072.5 m 3.519 ft
- Nabadwip Dham railway station, Nadia, West Bengal, India 720 m 2.362 ft
- Kollam Junction, Kerala, India:1.180.5 m 3.873 ft
- Port Pirie Mary Elie Street railway station, South Australia: 701 m 2.300 ft
- approaching Ganj Basoda Railway station is located at: 609.7 km from New Delhi railway station 199.1 km from Jhansi Junction railway station 39.3 km from Vidisha
- December 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title link JHS Jhansi Junction 7 PFs Railway Station - Train Departure Timings India Rail Info. Retrieved
- Faizabad Junction railway station is a junction railway station in Northern India and is well connected with Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Durg, Kanpur, Lucknow
- Central Railway The Gwalior Junction GWL is part of the Jhansi Division of the North Central Railways Gwalior is one of the major commercial railway stations
- the complex. Kanpur Central Jhansi Junction Railway Station Allahabad Railway Station Official website All India Station Masters Association AISMA
- Cheoki Junction railway station Previous Name - Cheoki Junction railway station is one of the major railways stations besides Allahabad junction located
- Madgaon Junction railway station Station code: MAO is a railway junction and major station on the Indian Railways network, specifically on the South
- stretch of around 1.35 kilometres 0.84 mi Gorakhpur Junction railway station is a major railway station in the state of Uttar Pradesh especially in the Purvanchal
- 04 Jhansi - Bandra Terminus Express is an express train belonging to Indian Railways - North Central Railway zone that runs between Jhansi Junction and
- Northern Railway zone Ait, Uttar Pradesh Jhansi Junction railway station ANTU Antu 2 PFs India Rail Info. ANTU ANTU Railway Station Pratapgarh
- serves Mahoba city. The station is a Category A station of Jhansi railway division of the North Central Railway Zone. The Mahoba Khajuraho Branch Line was
- Junction railway station Code: SWM is a major railway station on New Delhi Mumbai main line of the West Central Railway zone network. This station falling
- Birlanagar Junction railway station is a small railway junction in Gwalior city, Madhya Pradesh. Its code is BLNR. It serves Gwalior city. The station consists
- Itarsi Junction station code: ET is a railway station in Hoshangabad District in Madhya Pradesh from which more than 385 trains pass every day. It is
- Uttar Pradesh. Nearby major railway station is Jhansi Jn and the airport is Gwalior Airport. It belongs to North Central, Jhansi Jn. Konch Ait Passenger Ait
- Maksi Junction railway Station Station Code MKC is a railway station in Maksi, Madhya Pradesh. Stations is a standard broad gauge railway station which
- Bina Junction railway station is a railway junction in Madhya Pradesh that is part of the West Central Railway Bhopal division. Bina Junction serves Bina
- Lucknow, Agra, Jhansi Kanpur and Kamakhya. Northern Railway Zone Oudh and Rohilkhand Railway Kirakat railway station Varanasi Junction Arrivals at JOP Jaunpur
- This article contains a list of railway junction stations in India. This list is arranged as per the number of routes. Mathura Bathinda New Cooch Behar
- Junction railway station is an important railway station in Guna district, Madhya Pradesh. Its code is RTA. It serves Ruthiyai village. The station consists
- Jaunpur Junction Station code JNU also known as Bhandariya railway station is a railway station in Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. The station is part
- Guna Junction railway station is a main railway station in Guna district, Madhya Pradesh. Its code is GUNA. It serves Guna city. The station consists
- Jhansi district is one of the districts of Uttar Pradesh state in northern India. The city of Jhansi is the district headquarters. The district is bordered
- junction where Jhansi Banda line is separated from Delhi - Howrah Line however, it is not granted junction status yet due to which it has two station codes
- of the Bhopal city The station consists of a total number of 6 platforms. The Habibganj Railway Station lies on the main Jhansi - Bhopal - Itarsi route
- Indore Junction station code: INDB is one of the Railway junctions in Madhya Pradesh and serves Indore, the commercial capital of Central India. The
- Bathinda railway station is an important junction terminal located on the Delhi - Ferozpur Main line of Northern Railway In August 2018 Bathinda railway station
- Express Ayodhya Junction Lucknow Charbagh railway station Akbarpur railway station Jaunpur Junction Rudauli RDL Rudauli Railway Station makemytrip
- station in Vijayawada railway division. Situated at the junction of Howrah - Chennai and New Delhi Chennai main lines, it is the fourth busiest railway
- Jhansi railway division is one of the three railway divisions under North Central Railway zone of Indian Railways This railway division was formed on
Users also searched:
railway, Junction, station, Jhansi, Jhansi Junction railway station, jhansi junction railway station, transport in jhansi. jhansi junction railway station,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →