ⓘ Haldibari railway station
Haldibari railway station serves Haldibari town in Cooch Behar district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is a defunct railway transit point on the Bangladesh-India border.
During the British period all connections from southern parts of Bengal to North Bengal were through the eastern part of Bengal. From 1878, the railway route from Kolkata, then called Calcutta, was in two laps. The first lap was a 185 km journey along the Eastern Bengal State Railway from Calcutta Station later renamed Sealdah to Damookdeah Ghat on the southern bank of the Padma River, then across the river in a ferry and the second lap of the journey. A 336 km metre gauge line of the North Bengal Railway linked Saraghat on the northern bank of the Padma to Siliguri.
The 1.8 km long Hardinge Bridge across the Padma came up in 1912. In 1926 the metre-gauge section north of the bridge was converted to broad gauge, and so the entire Calcutta - Siliguri route became broad-gauge. The route thus ran: Sealdah-Ranaghat-Bheramara-Hardinge Bridge-Iswardi-Santahar-Hili-Parabtipur-Nilphamari-Haldibari-Jalpaiguri-Siliguri.
With the partition of India, this track got trisected. The through route was formally closed after the India-Pakistan War in 1965.
The Siliguri-Haldibari, part of the original broad gauge Calcutta-Siliguri track via Hardinge Bridge, got delinked from the trunk route in 1947. As all the other tracks in the area were metre gauge, it was converted from broad gauge to metre gauge in the late forties. When New Jalpaiguri railway station came up, the line was extended to New Jalpiguri. When broad gauge lines were laid in the area, it was reconverted to broad gauge and now functions as the Haldibari-New Jalpaiguri Line.
There are proposals to reoperationalise the Haldibari-Chilahati section. Bangladesh Railway will have to construct 7.5 kilometres of new rail tracks from Chilahati to reach the border while the Indian authorities have to set up 4.5 kilometres of tracks from its border to Haldibari railway station.
In the Joint Statement issued on the occasion of the visit of the Prime Minister of India to Bangladesh, on 7 September 2011, it was stated: Bangladesh Prime Minister expressed her appreciation to the Indian Prime Minister for amendment of the MoU between the Bangladesh and Indian Railways allowing Rohanpur-Singabad as an additional route for both bulk and container cargo for Nepalese rail transit traffic. Bangladesh side also appreciated the assistance from India for the movement of fertilizers from Bangladesh to Nepal by rail route. They also agreed to re-establish rail connections between Chilahati-Haldibari and Kulaura-Mahishashan in the spirit of encouraging revival of old linkages and transport routes between the two countries."
- connected to the new station at New Jalpaiguri. There are proposals to reoperationalise the Haldibari - Chilahati section. Bangladesh Railway will have to construct
- chairman is Sri Tarun Dutta. Haldibari railway station Haldibari - New Jalpaiguri Line Haldibari High School Census of India: Haldibari www.censusindia.gov
- authorities have to set up 4.5 kilometres of tracks from its border to Haldibari railway station In the Joint Statement issued on the occasion of the visit of
- the New Mal - Changrabandha - New Cooch Behar line with the New Jalpaiguri - Haldibari line. During the British period all connections from southern parts of
- Kolkata Haldibari Intercity Express is a Superfast express train of Indian Railways - Eastern Railway zone that runs between Kolkata and Haldibari in India
- reconverted to broad gauge and now functions as the Haldibari - New Jalpaiguri Line. Jalpaiguri railway station has the following amenities: computerized reservation
- Jalpaiguri - New Bongaigaon section under Katihar division of the Northeast Frontier Railway zone. Branch line to Haldibari begins from here. Teesta Torsha Express
- Indian state of West Bengal. Haldibari police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Haldibari Haldibari is located at 26 20 N 88 46 E
- of Bengal. The most important connection was the Calcutta Parbatipur Haldibari Siliguri link first established in 1878 and then developed in stages for
- end of December, 2017. Some North Bengal trains like Darjeeling Mail, Haldibari Express are likely to move through SDHA - RHA - BPC - MBB - AZ instead of crossing
- Rahanpur is a border railway station in Bangladesh, situated in Nawabganj District, in Rajshahi Division. It is a functioning railway transit point on the
- was reconverted to broad gauge and now functions as the Haldibari - New Jalpaiguri Line. The railway system in Assam got delinked from the rest of India in
- Raninagar Jalpaiguri railway station MNR Jalpaiguri Halt railway station JPG Jalpaiguri City railway station HDB Haldibari railway station 13141 - Starts daily
- Junction railway station became the main railway station in the area. The three metre gauge lines were linked to Kishanganj and Barsoi, Assam and Haldibari The
- Khagraghat Road is a railway station on the Howrah - Bandel - Katwa - Azimganj line in Berhampore town and is located in Murshidabad district in the Indian
- viz. Boxiganj, Dakshin Bara Haldibari Hemkumari, Uttar Bara Haldibari Dewanganj and Per Mekhliganj. Haldibari police station serves this block. Headquarters
- and Ranaghat in the Indian state of West Bengal. It includes Kolkata Railway Station the Calcutta chord link to Dankuni on the Howrah - Bardhaman Chord
- between 1963 and 1965. The Haldibari New Jalpaiguri line has gone through two successive gauge changes. As most other railway tracks in the area were metre
- multi - tracked. Indian Railway IR runs more than 20, 000 passenger trains daily, on both long - distance and suburban routes, from 7, 349 stations across India.
- Dumka Railway Station station code DUMK is at Dumka city in Dumka district in the Indian state of Jharkhand on the Jasidih Rampurhat section. It is
- New Maynaguri railway station is a railway junction station in Mainaguri town in the Indian state of West Bengal. It lies in the Jalpaiguri district of
- Mohitnagar railway station is a small railway station in Jalpaiguri district, West Bengal. Its code is MOP. The station consists of 1 platform. The platform
- Junction Railway Station Station code NJP established in 1960, is an A1 category broad gauge and narrow gauge railway station under Katihar railway division
- Dalkolha railway station is a railway station in Dalkhola, Uttar Dinajpur district, West Bengal, India. It is a standard II - R interlocked roadside station situated
- Superfast Express 15644 45 Puri Kamakhya Weekly Express 12364 65 Kolkata Haldibari Intercity Express 12509 10 Guwahati Express 12507 08 Thiruvananthapuram Silchar
- Mahisasan is a border railway station and a defunct railway transit facility point on the India - Bangladesh border in Karimganj district in the Indian
- Sealdah - Ranaghat - Bheramara - Hardinge Bridge - Iswardi - Santahar - Hili - Parabtipur - Nilphamari - Haldibari - Jalpaiguri - Siliguri. The Darjeeling Mail ran on this route in pre - partition
- line is a railway line connecting Chilahati and Darshana, via Parbatipur Junction, Santahar, Abdulpur, Azim Nagar station in Gopālpur, Lalpur
- Intercity Express uses 2 rakes and which is shared with Ernad Express Haldibari - Kolkata Intercity Express runs Tri - Weekly covering 630 km in 11 hours
- with daily tourist trains from Darjeeling to Ghum India s highest railway station and the steam - hauled Red Panda service from Darjeeling to Kurseong
Users also searched:
railway, station, Haldibari, Haldibari railway station, haldibari railway station, transport in cooch behar. haldibari railway station,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →