ⓘ North–South and East–West Corridor
The North–South–East–West Corridor is the largest ongoing highway project in India. It is the second phase of the National Highways Development Project, and consists of building 7300 kilometers of four/six lane expressways associating Srinagar, Kanyakumari, Kochi, Porbandar and Silchar, at a cost of US.317 billion. As of 31 March 2018, 6875 of the 7142 kilometers project has been finished.
In combination with the Golden Quadrilateral network, and port connectivity highways, the NS-EW Corridor forms a key part of the Indian highway network, connecting many of its important manufacturing, commerce and cultural centers. As of May 2012, India has completed and placed in use some 15.800 kilometers of such 4-lane highways.
The NS–EW project is managed by the National Highways Authority of India under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Only National Highways are used in the two corridors.
This is a 4.000 kilometres 2.500 mi corridor via NH 44 Srinagar-Udhampur-Jammu–Jalandhar–Delhi–Agra–Gwalior–Jhansi–Narsinghpur-Lakhnadon–Nagpur-Hyderabad-Bengaluru-Salem–Madurai-Kanyakumari, branch road NH 544 Salem–Coimbatore–Palakkad-Kochi
This is a 3.300 kilometres 2.100 mi corridor via NH 27 Porbandar–Rajkot-Samakhiali–Radhanpur–Kota–Jhansi–Kanpur-Lucknow–Ayodhya-Muzaffarpur–Darbhanga-Supaul-Purnia–Kishanganj-Galgalia–Bijni–Guwahati–Nagaon–Dabaka–Silchar.
2. Interchange points between the corridors
- Jhansi is the junction of North–South and East–West Corridors.
- The following is an interchange section
- Bengaluru–Krishnagiri: Golden Quadrilateral & North–South Corridor
- Akbarpur–Kanpur: Golden Quadrilateral & East–West Corridor
- Udaipur–Chittorgarh: Golden Quadrilateral & East West Corridor
- The following stretches are common between the Golden Quadrilateral and the NS-EW Corridors.
- Delhi–Agra: Golden Quadrilateral & North–South Corridor
- The following is a Spur Highway of the North–South Corridor
- Kochi–Coimbatore–SalemNH 544: North–South Corridor & North–South Corridor Extension
3. Possible extensions
There is popular demand for the extension of the East West Corridor from Silchar to Moreh via Jiribam and Imphal, and from Nagaon to Stilwell Road via Jorhat, Dibrugarh, Tinsukia and Ledo. These two extensions may increase the cross border trade with South East Asia.
- The name North - South Corridor may refer to: North South and East West Corridor a highway project in India North South Corridor Adelaide, a road through
- The East - West Industrial Corridor Highway, Arunachal Pradesh in Arunachal Pradesh India is a road proposed to be built in the foothills of Arunachal Pradesh
- North - South Corridor is a direct communication project with North Bengal along with Haldia Port of West Bengal s sea port. Under this project, State Road
- The North South Corridor Abbreviation: NSC originally conceptualised as the North - South Expressway, will be the 11th of Singapore s network of expressways
- The International North South Transport Corridor INSTC is a 7, 200 - km - long multi - mode network of ship, rail, and road route for moving freight between
- Northern East West Freight Corridor usually referred to as the N.E.W. Corridor is a project organized by the International Union of Railways UIC and Transportutvikling
- Blue Line and was completed in 2006, segment 2 became the Metro South Corridor and segment 3 became the Metro North Corridor Detailed planning and environmental
- Pakistan and Kashmir. The corridor wedged between the Pamir Mountains to the north and the Karakoram range to the south is about 350 km 220 mi long and 13 65
- East West Corridor and North South Corridor as corridor would set a precedent in the naming convention of MTR lines. Speculation of East West Line
- the North West Rail Link and the CBD rail link. The three projects were to be integrated into a single operational sector, with trains from the south - west
- The Riverview Corridor is a transit corridor connecting Downtown Saint Paul and the Mall of America in Bloomington via the Minneapolis - Saint Paul International
- 73 I - 73 is a north south Interstate Highway, located within the U.S. state of North Carolina. It is part of a longer planned corridor defined by various
- West Vero Corridor is a census - designated place CDP in Indian River County, Florida, United States. The population was 7, 138 at the 2010 census, down
- that takes Corridor B north to Wheelersburg. US 52 continues west to Portsmouth, the proposed alignment of Corridor B continues north and northwest along
- R, Corridor I, and Interstate 64 to reach Lexington, Kentucky. The part of Corridor Q east of Bluefield is part of the I - 73 74 North - South Corridor Corridor
- The East West Highway is a long - proposed east west highway corridor in northern New England Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont intended to link remote
- the Netherlands The North South Corridor of the Mass Transit Railway in Hong Kong The North South railway in Germany The North South line, or NS Line Portland
- the most important route from North China to the Tarim Basin and Central Asia for traders and the military. The corridor is a string of oases along the
- East West Line may refer to several rapid transit lines: East West MRT line, Singapore East West Corridor the codename of the Tuen Ma line under construction
- I - 277 to North Graham Street, then turn south to link to the planned Gateway Station and continuation along the West Corridor The West Corridor was proposed
- The Quebec City Windsor Corridor French: Corridor Quebec - Windsor is the most densely populated and heavily industrialized region of Canada. As its name
- on I - 64 west to the Tolsia Highway south of Kenova. The Tolsia Highway is defined as running from I - 64 at Kenova to Corridor G US 119 north of Williamson
- part of ADHS Corridor F. In its concurrency from Jenkins north to Pikeville, where it heads east toward West Virginia, it is part of Corridor B. From US
- Route 395 North Spokane Corridor NSC is a 10.5 - mile - long 16.9 km freeway - with 5.42 miles 8.72 km complete and currently operational running north south
- The Northeast Corridor Line is a commuter rail line operated by New Jersey Transit along Amtrak s Northeast Corridor in the United States, operating between
- East West Rail is a major project to establish a strategic railway connecting East Anglia with Central, Southern and Western England. In particular, it
- the corridor also has frequent commuter rail service, operated by the MBTA, Shore Line East Metro - North Railroad, New Jersey Transit, SEPTA, and MARC
- and the Yarra Corridor the areas to be affected by the proposed freeway, tunnel or viaduct are one of the natural areas in the inner North East and
- The South Amazon Ecological Corridor Portuguese: Corredor Sul da Amazonia is a proposed ecological corridor connecting conservation units and indigenous
- buildings numbered 7, 3, 10, 4, and 8 from west to east Twice per year, in mid - November and in late January, the corridor lines up lengthwise with the
Users also searched:
EastWest, Corridor, NorthSouth, NorthSouth and EastWest Corridor, north–south and east–west corridor,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →