ⓘ Transport in Mysore
Mysore is one of the most important city in Karnataka due to its tourism and proximity with the capital city of Bangalore. It is the second largest urban agglomeration in the state of Karnataka. It has a well established road and rail transport with other cities in the country.
1. Local public transport
The most popular mode of public transport in the city is KSRTC city buses coming under MCTD Division. Buses are available to all locations in the city as well as villages and towns outside the city. KSRTC MCTD Division has a fleet of around 1000 buses. These buses are majorly semi low floor Non-AC city buses. Other buses include AC Volvo buses and older high floor buses. Mysore was the first city in India to implement Intelligent Transport System ITS with funding from World Bank. There are 4 IMTC Bus stands in Mysore at Kuvempunagar, Sathgalli, R.S Naidunagar, Yelwala Census Town. The main bus stand has 5 bays and 3 bays for suburban busses which ply to towns and villages of the district, Subways and free Wifi facilities.
Within the city, buses are cheap and popular means of transport, auto-rickshaws are also available and tongas horse-drawn carriages are popular with tourists. Mysore also has a 42.5-kilometre 26.4 mi long ring road that is being upgraded to six lanes by the MUDA.
The city has transport services from mobile based taxi services like Ola Cabs, Uber, Jugnoo as well. Also it has mobile based two wheeler taxi Rapido also mobile based self ride two wheeler scooters by Bounce and Vogo four wheeler self ride Zoom cars and many more.
A public bicycle sharing system, Trin-Trin, funded partially by the United Nations is popular mode of transport. It is a government project. The key objective of TrinTrin is to encourage local commuters, as well as visitors, to use the bicycle in preference to motorized modes of travel and thereby help scale down the multifarious environmental and road-traffic hazards, enhance conveyance convenience, and make local daily commutes economical for the common citizen.
2. Long distance road transport
Intercity buses are handled by KSRTC. All the intercity buses are operated through the Rural Bus Stand which is the largest of its kind in Mysore. All kinds of services like Airavat, Rajahamsa, Ambari, Standard buses are available to almost every city in the state and some cities in the neighbouring states. There are buses every ten minutes to Bangalore.
The KSRTC Rural Bus stand in Mysore hosts a shopping mall/complex with brands such as Reliance Smart, Reliance Digital etc.
Other private buses are also operated from agencies like SRS Travels, VRL Travels etc.
Mysore Junction railway station is one of the most important stations in the country. It is the headquarters of SWR Mysore Division. Other railway stations in the city are Chamarajapuram and Ashokapuram. The railway station in Naganahalli Village will be made as satellite railway station to Mysore.
Mysore railway station has three lines, connecting it to Bengaluru, Mangalore and Chamarajanagar. Railway lines that connect the city to Chamarajanagara and Mangalore are unelectrified single track and the track that connects to Bengaluru is electrified double track. Fastest train to serve the station is Shatabdi Express.
Mysore Airport is a domestic airport that serves the city and is located in Mandakalli village of Mysore. There are daily flights to Chennai International Airport and to Rajiv Gandhi International Airport and Kadapa Airport via Chennai.
Nearest international airport to Mysore is Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore. Daily FlyBus services are available from Mysore directly to the Bangalore Airport. Flybuses are deluxe multi-axle volvo buses with chemical toilets.
- Mysore Airport IATA: MYQ, ICAO: VOMY also known as the Mandakalli airport, is an airport serving Mysore a city in the Indian state of Karnataka. It
- Mysore Junction officially Mysuru Junction station code: MYS is a railway station on Mysore - Bangalore railway line serving the city of Mysore Karnataka
- Mysore Bangalore line officially Mysuru Bengaluru line is a fully electrified double line from Mysore Junction to Bangalore City. The line extends from
- Mysore maɪˈsɔːr listen officially Mysuru, is a city in the southern part of the state of Karnataka, India. Mysore city is geographically located
- to develop the Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor. The project has been in controversy since the day of planning. In October 2012, the Karnataka
- and Sainagar Shirdi in India. It operates as train number 16217 from Mysore Junction to Sainagar Shirdi and as train number 16218 in the reverse direction
- Mysore Dharwad Express is a express train belonging to South Western Railway zone that runs between Dharwad railway station and Mysore Junction in India
- Mangalore Hassan Mysore line is a railway route of both Southern and South Western Railway zone of Indian Railways. This route plays an important role in rail transportation
- Jaipur Mysore Superfast Express is Superfast express train belonging to Indian Railways that runs between Jaipur Junction and Mysore Junction in India
- and Ajmer Junction in India. It operates as train number 16209 from Ajmer Junction to Mysore Junction and as train number 16210 in the reverse direction
- leaves Bangalore City at 10: 30 AM and reaches Mysore at 1: 30 PM. In the return direction, it leaves Mysore at 2: 30 PM to reach Bangalore City at 5: 10 PM
- between Howrah Junction and Mysore Junction in India. It operates as train number 22817 from Howrah Junction to Mysore Junction and as train number 22818in the
- Mysore Thoothukudi Express is a daily train service between the cities of Mysore and Thoothukudi operated by the South Western Railway. This train connects
- Arsikere Mysore Passenger is a Passenger train belonging to South Western Railway zone that runs between Arsikere Junction and Mysore Junction in India.
- Talaguppa and Mysore Junction in India. It operates as train number 16205 from Talaguppa to Mysore Junction and as train number 16206 in the reverse direction
- belonging to South Western Railway zone that runs between Mysore Junction and Talaguppa in India. It is currently being operated with 16227 16228 train
- Mysore State Railway MSR was a railway which operated in Mysore state, India. MSR became a part of Southern Railway on 14 April 1951. In 1879, the Madras
- The Mysore - Varanasi Express is an express train belonging to the South Western Railway zone in India. It runs twice a week between Mysore Junction and
- Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Mysore is a unit of Narayana Health in Devanur, Mysore India. It currently treats patients from the regions of South
- Karnataka, a state in South India has a well - developed transport system. Its capital city, Bengaluru is well - connected by air to domestic and international
- Mysore Chamarajanagar branch line is an Indian railway line from Mysore Junction to Chamarajanagar. It was inaugurated on 12 November 2008 when the
- INS Mysore is a Delhi - class guided - missile destroyer currently in active service with the Indian Navy. INS Mysore was built at Mazagon Dock Limited in Mumbai
- Workshop, Mysore is a repair facility of Indian Railways situated at Mysore in Karnataka province of India. The central workshop in Mysore was established
- Railways South Western Railway zone that runs between Mysore Junction and Hazrat Nizamuddin in India. This train is also comes under the Swarna Jayanti
- bus transport hubs for the city of Bengaluru, India. It is located on Mysore road. The other five major bus stations also known as Terminals in Bengaluru
- Chennai Mysore Shatabdi Express changed hindu.com. Retrieved 30 May 2014. Welcome to Indian Railway Passenger reservation Enquiry indianrail.gov. in Archived
- 571130. Yelwala is located between Mysore and Hunsur cities. The pincode is 571130. Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation has constructed a satellite
- The Railway Museum at Mysore India is an outdoor exhibit of vintage locomotives. The Railway Museum was established in 1979 by Indian Railways, the second
- state owned transport companies in India. It is wholly owned by the Government of Karnataka. The state of Mysore Mysore Government Road Transport Department
- running between Bangalore and Mysore in India. It covers a distance of 139 km in 2.5 hours with two stops Mandya and a suburb in Bangalore city kengeri South
Users also searched:
Mysore, Transport, Transport in Mysore, transport in mysore,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →