ⓘ Indore City Bus
Indore City Bus is a road transport system run by Atal Indore City Transport Services Limited or AICTSL. This transport system runs through 277 kilometers of road network in the Indore city and surrounding areas. The city bus service has 6 private partners along with the city administration and the total investment has gone more than 40 Crores.
1. History of local transportation in Indore
Indore is the largest metropolitan city of the state of Madhya Pradesh and a center of trade and commerce. The city is growing rapidly with need for increasing mobility, high travel demand, increasing intensity of traffic, congestion, delays, accidents and other transportation problems.
The intra-city public transport system is essentially road based with 500 private minibuses, 550 tempos to reduce pollution now replaced by Maruti van as contract carrier, more than 100 Metro Taxi Flat fare Rs.11.95 per KM and 10.000 auto rickshaws. The city felt a lack of public mass transport system for long time.
Indore City Transport Services Limited was incorporated on 1 December 2005 with an objective to operate and manage the public transport system of Indore. Seven key people were identified as the Board of Directors. Indore Municipal Corporation and Indore Development Authority invested an authorized capital of Rs 2.500.000 jointly. The collector of Indore, Vivek Aggarwal was responsible for the execution of the project to run the bus service. The company is run as a public-private partnership.
The city bus routes are spread citywide and also to neighboring cities. Majority of city bus consist of ordinary route. Limited bus services which skips minor stops is used on Long routes, high capacity routes and routes that provides connectivity beyond Indore city. The buses have colour strips appended to routes. Green coloured buses connect Indore with Mhow. Some buses like yellow and orange go beyond Indore region to Pithampur and Gandhinagar area. Buses with magenta strip mostly serve BRTS and provide connection AB Road and buses coloured blue serve Rajwada region. The ICTSL uses CNG powered buses for its operation.
As of 2011, the ICTSL runs a total of 125 buses, ferrying an average of 55.000 passengers over 30 routes, and has a workforce strength of 375 which includes 225 bus drivers and 150 conductors.
3.1. Operations Suburbs
The Indore City Transport Service Corporation operates inter-city services to six different areas beyond the municipal limits of Indore city, i.e. into the limits of the bordering corporations of Mhow, Rau, Hatod, Pithampur, Manpur & Bhopal. Two new suburbs Runji Gautampura and Depalpur also added in city bus circle on 15 December 2012. The ICTSL supplements suburban buses, which is the mass carrier on Indore region. It is for this reason that ICTSL always gives priority for feeder routes are given more priority than other routes.
4. Rates and passes
The city bus offers daily passes to regular travelers. The city bus fare has been increased by Rs. 1 and now its even more. The minimum charge for city bus is Rs. 5 and the monthly pass rate has been increased to Rs.800. This increase was attributed towards the recent crude oil price hike which made diesel and petrol costlier in India. However, theres a special concession for students that offers monthly pass at Rs.200 a month.
Noted writer Gurcharan Das wrote in his blog on how Indores bus service could prove to be helpful in solving New Delhis bus transport problems. Blueline buses killed as many as 488 people in New Delhi during the 3-year span of 2005-2008. Gurcharan writes "Indore is now quoted with Bogota as having the best bus service in the world".
- public transport operator of Indore It operates 225 buses on many routes, including Mhow city transport service and Pithampur city transport service. It is
- from Indore Indore City Bus Indore BRTS Indore Fashion Week Indore Metro List of people from Indore List of tallest buildings in Indore List of cities in
- Indore BRTS or Ahilya Path Designed by Resident Engineer Shrilal Prasad NiralaTeam Leader of TCPL Indore is the bus rapid transit system for the city
- Musakhedi and Samwad Nagar. and borders the Kamla Nehru Zoo, Indore premises. Several City Bus routes serve the area, with fares ranging from 5.00 to 15
- Retrieved 5 April 2016. Routes of City Bus Indore City Bus Retrieved 10 April 2016. Routes of City Bus Indore City Bus Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- Iowa Indore City Bus a road transport system run by Indore City Transport Services Limited in India Plymouth Citybus, a bus operator in the city of Plymouth
- Inter - state bus terminus popularly known as Navlakha Bus Stand or ISBT, located in Indore is one of the three important Inter State Bus Terminals in Indore It
- Indore Junction station code: INDB is one of the Railway junctions in Madhya Pradesh and serves Indore the commercial capital of Central India. The
- residential locality in Indore as a part of Greater Indore It is located in south - west part and is one of the greenest localities of Indore more than 60 population
- locality in the largest city and commercial hub Indore in the state of Madhya Pradesh, India. Radha Soami Satsang Beas, Indore Holy Spirit Convent Swami
- locality within the city of Indore Madhya Pradesh, India. The area is named after the famous Navlakha Temple in the city of Indore Its postal code is
- residential locality in the city Indore Madhya Pradesh, India. Real estate prices have shot up and are comparable to any posh areas of Indore in large part because
- Terminal, Indore Navlakha Inter State Bus Terminal, Indore Gangwal Inter State Bus Terminal, Indore Pimpri - Chinchwad Bus Stand Pune Station Bus Stand Shivajinagar
- houses 50 houses each Bus Routes: The Dewas - Pithampur Bus Service by pass whole Indore connects G.P.O. Besides this, many city bus service connects it
- Agra to Indore and Bombay. Several City Bus lines serve the area, with fares ranging from Rs. 5.00 to Rs. 15.00. Autorickshaws, Metro Taxi, City Van, Magic
- Inter - state bus terminus popularly known as Gangwal Bus Stand or ISBT, located in Indore is one of the oldest and one of the biggest Inter State Bus Terminals
- Vijay Nagar is a major residential area in Indore as a part of Greater Indore Developed by the Indore Development Authority, the suburb saw a boom in
- bus terminus popularly known as Sarwate Bus Stand or ISBT, located in Indore is the oldest and one of the biggest Inter State Bus Terminals in Indore
- Chandra Nagar is a residential locality in the largest city and commercial hub Indore in the state of Madhya Pradesh, India. Coaching centres and accommodation
- in the south - west suburban of Indore city It has population of 40000 Census record 2011 It was included in Indore in 1983. Bijalpur is situated on
- Indore BRTS Bhubaneswar BRTS Raipur and Naya Raipur BRTS Visakhapatnam BRTS Amritsar BRTS Hubli - Dharwad BRTS Bus rapid transit system BRTS is a bus
- Rajendra Nagar, Indore area of Indore city near Rangwasa village. The road connecting Pithampur An industrial area of Indore region to Indore Central, branches
- between Indore Junction railway station of Indore the largest city and commercial hub of Central Indian state, Madhya Pradesh and Udaipur, a major city in
- New Palasia. Several City Bus routes serve the area. Palasia has an Indore BRT i Bus station also. Autorickshaws, Metro Taxi, City Van, Tata Magic and
- Corporation MPSRTC Bhopal City Link Limited MYLINKBUS Also operator of Bhopal Bus Rapid Transit System Atal Indore City Transport Service Limited AiCSTL
- here every 12 years. The city is also a part of the Indore Metropolitan Region, as notified by the State Government under Indore Metropolitan Region Development
- service. It connects Pune City to PCMC area and is one of the oldest local railway station. It is located 2.1 km from Chinchwad bus stand. Pune Railway Station
- By Bus : Banapura and Seoni Malawa both are well connected with Bhopal, Indore Itarsi, Hoshangabad, Pachmarhi, Harda and Khandwa via private bus services
- state s commercial capital, Indore which just 45 kilometres 28 mi away from the Chapda Bus Stand. The NH47 i.e. the Indore - Nagpur Highway passes through
- connection s to whole city Autos are available for nearly all localities of city Ola cabs are running in city Out of 85 there are 16 City bus which connects
Users also searched:
City, Indore, Indore City Bus, indore city bus, metropolitan transport agencies of india. indore city bus,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →